News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 - 1.0.38

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11623

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
perezmu wrote:
Oooops, did I err????

Trying to run settings in 1.0.34 an error window pop-ups, asking to save a log... trying to do so also fails and a new window says so (the log file is empty)! The script resumes correctly but no way to go into the settings menu.

Can someone else try this? I am in my laptop and it may well be a problem of my PC, thus I did not want to report this as a bug before having some confirmation!

Thanks!
Hmm, you've probably run into TWO problems that I need to fix. The first one is that you should (obviously) be able to get into the settings dialog without any problems. (I just tried it again on my machine, no problems.) The second is that you should never get a blank error log, no matter what goes wrong!

Perhaps you could try duplicating the bug with the output console ("ComicRack.exe -dso -ssc") and tell me what you're seeing in the console? Do you have any other scripts installed that might be based on Comic Vine Scraper code (or pieces of it?) That could cause all kind weird problems if the script writer didn't change the class names in the code that they copied...
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11624

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks, cbanack, this is the error in the script window:
Initialzing script 'SeriesHtmlInfoPanel' from 'SeriesInfoPanel.py'

Calling 'ComicVineScraper'...

Compilation of 'C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\ComicVineScraper.py'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CV Scraper Version:  1.0.34

Comic Rack Version:  0.9.134

Cache Directory:     C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\localCache/

Settings File:       C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\settings.dat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

opened the settings dialog.

-------------------- .NET ERROR -------------------------

System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede llamar a Invoke o a BeginInvoke en un control hasta que se haya creado el identificador de ventana.

en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)

en IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget3(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2)

en IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction.FunctionCaller`3.Call3(CallSite site, CodeContext context, Object func, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)

en CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , EventArgs )

en System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)

en _Scripting_(Object[] , Object , EventArgs )

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Caught UnicodeEncodeError: ('unknown', '\x00', 0, 1, '')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\log.py", line 181, in handle_error

File "C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\log.py", line 127, in dump

File "C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\log.py", line 344, in dump

Scraper terminated normally (scraped 0, skipped 1).

The first error, not opening the settings, launches the write log option window. After choosing a file to do so, a new message box appears saying "Fail to write log", though the file is created empty. The log here says ".NET error", so this might well be a problem with my .net runtimes... Don't spend too much time on this. As I said, this is not my main machine, so this is not big deal (though I cannot try to reproduce the error until monday in the other PC).

Thanks

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11626

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Can anyone translate this line for me?

"System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede llamar a Invoke o a BeginInvoke en un control hasta que se haya creado el identificador de ventana."

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11627

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cbanack wrote:
Can anyone translate this line for me?

"System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede llamar a Invoke o a BeginInvoke en un control hasta que se haya creado el identificador de ventana."

Opppps :blush: - I did not notice this was in Spanish... sorry:

"Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created."

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11631

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
perezmu wrote:
"Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created."
Thanks (sorry, my Spanish is not very good!) :(

I believe you have found two bugs, as I mentioned above. Would you mind testing out 2 different versions of the scraper for me, so I can know if I've fixed BOTH problems?

First, I fixed the problem with the error log file in this version. When you try this version, you should still see your original problem with the Settings... button, but now the log file should save properly.

Next, I fixed the problem with the Settings... button in this version. When you try this version, everything should be working properly again (I hope.) If so, I will update the link at the beginning of this thread.

Con gracias anticipadas!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11635

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks!

Version 1.35 corrects the log file bug... this is the error log that it reports while trying to access the settings menu:
CV Scraper Version:  1.0.35
Comic Rack Version:  0.9.134
Cache Directory:     C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\localCache/
Settings File:       C:\Documents and Settings\BlackCrystal™\Datos de programa\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\settings.dat

opened the settings dialog.
-------------------- .NET ERROR -------------------------
System.InvalidOperationException: No se puede llamar a Invoke o a BeginInvoke en un control hasta que se haya creado el identificador de ventana.
   en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   en Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
   en IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget3(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2)
   en IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction.FunctionCaller`3.Call3(CallSite site, CodeContext context, Object func, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   en CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , EventArgs )
   en System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   en _Scripting_(Object[] , Object , EventArgs )
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Then version 1.36 WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!

So many thanks, once more!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbanack

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11636

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
perezmu wrote:
Then version 1.36 WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!

So many thanks, once more!!!!!!
Great! Thanks again for checking those bugs for me.

I've updated the link at the beginning of this thread to refer to version 1.0.36, which is now the "latest" available version of Comic Vine Scraper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lg5

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11637

• lg5
  • Junior Boarder
I've just finished the rescrape of my entire collection with 1.0.34. It worked perfectly except for only one small bug: all except one rescrape with no associated comicvine URL paused the entire proccess asking for manual search input.

In fact it seems that the original comicvine URL was not avaiable anymore and the script instead of queuing manual input at the end of proccess asked at the moment that found it. I'm unable to found a log message for it, so there is the xml entry for that comic (pay attention to Notes, Added and FileCreationTime timestamps)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 6 years 11 months ago #11639

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
lg5 wrote:
I've just finished the rescrape of my entire collection with 1.0.34. It worked perfectly except for only one small bug: all except one rescrape with no associated comicvine URL paused the entire proccess asking for manual search input.

In fact it seems that the original comicvine URL was not avaiable anymore and the script instead of queuing manual input at the end of proccess asked at the moment that found it. I'm unable to found a log message for it, so there is the xml entry for that comic (pay attention to Notes, Added and FileCreationTime timestamps)

I'm not sure this is a bug. If Comicvine deletes/changes an entry for a previously scraped book, then the scraper prompting for manual input is the only logical step to take. Unfortunately ComicVine is not a static environment so the scraper needs to work within the confines of the website.

Perhaps a better feature request would be that the scraper, when the use previous scrape option is selected, instead of just going through the scrape alphabetically, also takes into consideration needed rescrapes and moves those to the end of the queue?
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by RevQuixo.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.33 - 1.0.36 6 years 11 months ago #11641

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
I ran into the same problem as lg5 - had an issue or two that could no longer be scraped although they had been before, and the script asked immediatly instead of delaying till the end.

Other than that, the script runs smoothly.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and one member online