TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13175

• bgifford
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
yes this is a bug :)
I think I over optimized the sorter

Gotcha.

Also, is there anyway that the Search feature can be modified to find more specific results? For example, if I search for Alan Grant, I currently get not only all the books that Alan Grant worked on, but also any books that happen to feature both Alan Scott and Ted Grant.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13178

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I like the publisher icons! How does it decide which icons to use for which comic? Is there a way to add publisher icons for titles that don't have them, or change the ones that are there? Is there a way to get them to show up in other contexts, like list view or in the info pane?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13179

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Okay, I figured it out, partially. It just has to be a PNG with the same name of the publisher or imprint in the Resources\Publishers.zip file. Cool. So my new question is: is there anywhere I can put new icons in my Application Data folder so that they don't get overwritten with a new release?

BTW, does anybody want me to provide any new publisher icons I create? Cyo, would you want them for adding to new releases?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13182

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
600WPMPO wrote:
0.9.138 is also crashing, and now I'm plain tired of making it work.

cYo, you have to make this work!!!! :P We really need 600's exhaustive review to understand all the changes you have added!!!! :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Der Internet

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13184

• arathon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hi to all!! i have a problem when i try to restore my database in the new version it crashes, and i don't know the problem....i wanted to know where is stored the information regarding the reading point of a comic, because it seems i lost all track of them.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13185

I reverted back to 136 myself. Will goof around with 138 when I get home and try to generate some error logs. What I'm seeing is a slow freeze to an app crash when I scan new folders or try to convert to cbz

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13186

• arathon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
i think the probolem begin when CR try to scan the database searching rating, page count and lists, because if i cancel the foldel cyo in appdata/roaming and restart CR it works without any problem but if i try to restore the backup first it freezes then crash.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13189

• tcm1998
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Not really a showstopper, but updating to 138 (I skipped 137), over 6000 of my comics are suddenly of "UNKNOWN" file format. In 136 they were still zip format (cbz). Weird enough, 22000 are still displayed as zip and I can't figure out why there's a difference :unsure:
Just madly collecting (dutch) comics

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13190

tcm1998 wrote:
Not really a showstopper, but updating to 138 (I skipped 137), over 6000 of my comics are suddenly of "UNKNOWN" file format. In 136 they were still zip format (cbz). Weird enough, 22000 are still displayed as zip and I can't figure out why there's a difference :unsure:

I saw that too. I have a smartlist that searches for any book not in cbz format so I can easily convert them. When I started 138, it had about 40 books that were already in cbz. I hit F5 to refresh them and they vanished (I assume it later updated their format)

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13209

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
perezmu wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
0.9.138 is also crashing, and now I'm plain tired of making it work.
cYo, you have to make this work!!!! :P We really need 600's exhaustive review to understand all the changes you have added!!!! :blush:

:evil: Now, you all are doomed, for my no-holds-barred review begins!!

A big, huge, hulk-of-a release this 0.9.137/0.9138! So huge the changelog is dripping all over my floor! :laugh:

Al always, I'll begin with the good, follow with the not-so-good (read: Bad), and end with things that I couldn't understand.
* NEW: Gauges for new/unread/total books in a list
Ooh.. my beautiful gauges.. you are finally here! You caused me a lot of trouble, but I never deserted you, did I?

I see a lot of future posts in the Help section by new users asking, "What are the red-yellow-green colored things in the sidebar?" We can begin by telling them that is a tribute to the flag of Guinea!

However, I feel there is some difficulty in reading the yellow gauge.
* NEW: Support to edit Added/Opened for fileless entries

I requested this, and am very grateful that it was included. We even have a calender in there!! This almost completes the Catalog field for now!
* NEW: App wide support for the "Series completed" field

Now, some things make you think, why wasn't this there since the beginning? Making completed series smart lists is so easy now!!
* NEW: Publisher, Imprint, Format and Age Rating icons in various places

Iiiiiiiiicons! :woohoo: Most promising development.. the future possibilities of this feature are endless. I'll soon follow up with more icons, so that we complete all the possibilities where icons could be implemented.
* NEW: Checkboxes
* NEW: Spin buttons
* NEW: Sidebar button

Nice! :)
* CHANGE: Reworked smartlist editor
* NEW: Clicking on selected tabs toggles between browser/reader
* CHANGE: Reader Toolbar buttons are only displayed if it makes actually sense

These are good changes, and make things less complicated for new users, by hiding a lot of options that overwhelm the noobs. Don't forget to click inside the smart list text boxes!
* CHANGE: Added mousewheel support to small comic preview
This is a little gem that most people will overlook. I use the preview, and am now more happy!
* NEW: Rating stars are now displayed below thumbnails/tiles and can be edited with mouse clicks

Naah! :angry: This makes them look like a freakshow. I wish I had the option for them to display as earlier. In any case, I prefer the numeric ratings, so this doesn't hurt much.
* CHANGE: Changed "Comic" and "eComic" in all text to the more consistent "Book"
:pinch: Bad cYo! This is unneeded, and unnecessarily increases my work in the manual.
Now, what next? We name ComicRack as BookRack? :angry:
* CHANGE: Renamed "Move to Start/End" to "Move to Top/Bottom"
No.. IMHO, start/end is more logical than top/bottom.
* NEW: Customization of texts displayed in Tile mode
* NEW: Full support for {field} values in all smartlist matchers
* NEW: "Has been Read" column with checkbox
* CHANGE: Better layout in Folder Editor
* CHANGE: Slight design adjustment in reader settings

I would really appreciate if someone would help me understand about these 5 options that were beyond me.

Overall, this receives a 4 of out 5. I take away one star for the query caching bug in it. Other than that, it is an excellent release, that fulfills a lot of user requests, and showcases a lot of promising features for the future. Way to go, cYo!!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 3 members online