Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13210

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I have to say that this is a lot less stable than previous versions. It's already locked up on me several times, something that only occasionally happened before. I know this isn't the most helpful report, but I've not noticed a pattern to the lockups yet.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13211

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
600WPMPO wrote:
[...]
* CHANGE: Changed "Comic" and "eComic" in all text to the more consistent "Book"
:pinch: Bad cYo! This is unneeded, and unnecessarily increases my work in the manual.
Now, what next? We name ComicRack as BookRack? :angry:
[...]

Since CR can now use PDFs really well (it's been that way for a long time, I know), it opens new horizons. Like using CR as an eBook reader as well as an eComic reader. Which makes the change from eComic to a more generic Book (it would have been better if it had an "e" in front of it but hey, nobody's perfect but me! :laugh: ) not so bad. Maybe one day CR will be used to read everything possible that is available through electronic means as well. Then it'd have to be renamed LibraryRack (and not Librarian'sRack you dirty minded ppl!).

Anyway, I don't find this weird at all. The only downside to this is that I'll have to track all the "eComic" and "eComics" that are hidden in my translation so that it stays accurate. :P

BTW, my 0.9.138 seems to be stable on my Win 7 64bits.
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13212

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
i just figured out i have the same errors as some other users here: after scraping some files they seem fine, then after a CR restart nearly all Information is gone...

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13213

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
{Oo} wrote:
Anyway, I don't find this weird at all. The only downside to this is that I'll have to track all the "eComic" and "eComics" that are hidden in my translation so that it stays accurate.
Not agreeing. It had to be any of either eComic or Comic everywhere. No matter what we read, the name is ComicRack, so that stays that way.
{Oo} wrote:
Make a smart list that points to another smart list / folder (other than Library folder), and check the stability.

@skeezix: You do the opposite of what I told {Oo} above, and remove any such smart list. It will be relatively more stable.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13214

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
600WPMPO wrote:
{Oo} wrote:
Make a smart list that points to another smart list / folder (other than Library folder), and check the stability.

Its not that that causes the crashes. I have that working just fine. I have a "Marvel Unread" pointing to Library and from the Marvel Unread i take out Marvel -1965, Marvel 1965-1970, etc, all working just peachy.

What causes the crash with the smart lists is pointing them in a "circle", for example, on my example, having Marvel Unread pointing to Marvel 1965-1970. Thats a circular dependency that the program does not know how to handle with the new code. Having lists inside folders could trigger this too.

Mine has been steady, hasnt crashed since i stumbled upon that client-connecting-while-server-starting situation, and even that i can't reproduce anymore. Also running x64 win7.

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13215

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
600WPMPO wrote:
Not agreeing. It had to be any of either eComic or Comic everywhere. No matter what we read, the name is ComicRack, so that stays that way.

And what would ppl that use CR to read eBooks stored in PDFs say? Book is a more generic term that can apply to both. But, since it's an extremely minor change compared to all the others, it's not that important anyway. It's just semantics and everyone has an opinion on it. But, the only one that matters is cYo's. Not even mine... I'll have to change that! :laugh:

600WPMPO wrote:

I'll try that later then :)

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13216

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I noticed that eComic was no longer fitting because of fileless entries. So I thought just call everything book, you know like "These are my books in the comic rack". The comic is not needed.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13219

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
Just a quick remark. As some pointed out, the value attributed to the "new" section of the gauges might benefit of an option in the preferences so that ppl can set it to their desired value. For example, for 600 14 days is too long, BUT for shinrai it was too short. I'm guessing these are not the only two ppl annoyed by this.

And, if the "new" section is made tweakable, the "old" section should be too. If not, when 600 sets the "new" limit to 7 days there would be a blank of 7 days between the "new" and the "old". And, when shinrai sets it to let's say 28, there would be 14 days overlapsing.

Hope it's clear enough so that ppl will understand what I'm saying :blush:

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13221

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
{Oo} wrote:
Just a quick remark. As some pointed out, the value attributed to the "new" section of the gauges might benefit of an option in the preferences so that ppl can set it to their desired value. For example, for 600 14 days is too long, BUT for shinrai it was too short. I'm guessing these are not the only two ppl annoyed by this.
B) For maniacs, like this 600 of yours and the honored Shinrai, there is the "IsRecentInDays" setting in ComicRack.ini to define the recent value ComicRack uses (Gauges, recentlay added/read).
{Oo} wrote:
And, if the "new" section is made tweakable, the "old" section should be too. If not, when 600 sets the "new" limit to 7 days there would be a blank of 7 days between the "new" and the "old". And, when shinrai sets it to let's say 28, there would be 14 days overlapsing.
This, if correct, is a good thought and worth commenting upon by our master cYo! ;)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 6 months ago #13226

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
{Oo} wrote:

Hope it's clear enough so that ppl will understand what I'm saying :blush:

Yeah, you're exactly right. I was sort of assuming you'd change where the dividing line was (a single option to say 'older than this is old, newer than this is new') but it's better to be explicit about it.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and 5 members online