Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13312

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo wrote:
But 600, I'm still missing your review of the new Colors Tab (gamma correction), the gap info display in the browser and other stuff (I already forgot again).

It took me a while to find them, but now that I have, they look great!

Now, if only they could be scriptable, like... find the gaps in a series and autofill with fileless...
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13317

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
perezmu wrote:
It took me a while to find them, but now that I have, they look great!
perezmu, I would like to request you to please make me understand a few things that you have grasped so quickly from cYo's cookbook:

1. I see in the screenshot that you are using the Series:Gaps field so nicely.. How do we use them properly? I have not yet been able to understand this.. :unsure:
* NEW: Support for Statistic Series Values (Book Count, Page Count, Pages Read Count, Read Percentage, First Number,
Last Number, First Year, Last Year, Running Time Years, Average Rating, Average Community Rating, Gaps,
Last Added, Last Opened, Is End of Gap, Is Start of Gap) for smartlists and columns

2. This option also:
* NEW: Full support for {field} values in all smartlist matchers

3. In your screenshot, book (ugh!) no 138 has a diamond-shaped gap info. What does that signify? And how do we describe up and down pointing arrows? Up going one is the end of the gap, right?

4. This one has been jumping up in my pants ever since I saw itand can't make either head or tail of this:
* NEW: Added Position properties to pages (Near/Far) to set anchors for non cover to cover scans

If cYo could comment on these, I shall be highly dignified..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13319

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
600WPMPO wrote:
3. In your screenshot, book (ugh!) no 138 has a diamond-shaped gap info. What does that signify? And how do we describe up and down pointing arrows? Up going one is the end of the gap, right?

I can help you with that. 138 has a diamond to represent its both the start and the end of a gap (ie, its an issue that is missing both issues immediatly before and after it).

The arrow means there are items missing in that direction (either up or down). A diamond is just both arrows displayed at once.

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13322

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
forkicks wrote:
..a diamond to represent its both the start and the end of a gap (ie, its an issue that is missing both issues immediatly before and after it).

The arrow means there are items missing in that direction (either up or down). A diamond is just both arrows displayed at once.
Thanks forkicks for that!

Any clues on queries 1,2 &4?

Specially, this 4th one here:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13323

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks forkicks!
600WPMPO wrote:
Any clues on queries 1,2 &4?

Specially, this 4th one here:

I will need to check furtehr on 1 & 2. For four I think this might mean that when you have a noads scan, "near" / "far" should be read like "left" / "right" to avoid displaying double page spreads broken... Let's say you have a comic with pages: cover(1) / inner cover(2) / first of story (3) / second of story spread (4 & 5)... if you use two pages display and do not have the scan of the inner cover (2), CR would display the cover (1) by itself, then first and half of the spread as two pages (3 & 4), then 5 & 6... and so on. Telling CR that 4 is near and 5 is far, I think it will not break the spread.

This is just guessing and kind of in a hurry. I will try to look into it and explain better if needed later tonight!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13324

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Close.

With Near/Far you can give ComicRack a hint that a page "should" be displayed near/far (meaning left/right - but you always have to think of those damn mangas :)).

Normally you would do this this to a page where the add-page on the other side is missing. This way you would get the almost identical reading behavior as from an c2c scan.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13325

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
Close.

With Near/Far you can give ComicRack a hint that a page "should" be displayed near/far (meaning left/right - but you always have to think of those damn mangas :)).

Normally you would do this this to a page where the add-page on the other side is missing. This way you would get the almost identical reading behavior as from an c2c scan.

This is what you get when you know how to explain things... not like my previous post! Thanks, cyo

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13327

• damocles
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I have to say, I am SO loving that near/far option.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13341

• pescuma
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Maybe call it first page / second page instead of near/far?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.137/138 released 6 years 7 months ago #13342

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
even if i have gaps in a series, the "gaps" or series:gaps column won't show anything....!?
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Who's Online

We have 268 guests and 5 members online