Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-41 6 years 5 months ago #15130

• Rancoras
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I figured out the answer to my metadata question from another forum post. I needed to check the box for always allow writing to the file. Everything is working well now. I'm done with the bulk of my scraping. On a side note: I am now improving the data on Comic Vine. I'm over 1000 points now and don't have to have my edits moderated.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-41 6 years 5 months ago #15131

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Rancoras wrote:
I figured out the answer to my metadata question from another forum post. I needed to check the box for always allow writing to the file. Everything is working well now. I'm done with the bulk of my scraping. On a side note: I am now improving the data on Comic Vine. I'm over 1000 points now and don't have to have my edits moderated.

Nice! I keep meaning to get to 1000, but I never quite do. :cheer:

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-41 6 years 5 months ago #15146

• Taro
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks, I just closed and reopened my browser and it worked ... weird

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15470

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys,

I've posted a new version of Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.43) that contains the Portuguese / Brazilian language pack, which was kindly provided by Knight Rider.

There's no other changes to the scraper in 1.0.43, so if you don't speak Portuguese, there's no pressing need to update right away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15477

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I was just adding a note in the Manual regarding ComicVine Scraper's language localization features. As I do not use the translations, I can not figure out a way to change the language. Please tell me how it is done, so that I can add it to the manual.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15482

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
The scraper language changes automatically (if it can) whenever you change the language that ComicRack is using.

(ComicRack: Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Languages)
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by cbanack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15570

• ChapeL
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Have a weird problem and cant tell what's causing it, where does CVS keep error log ? Looked in the installation folder and Appdata on C drive and cant find it :( It happens mostly when I scrape files and need to enter series manually but not always. Please point me to log file so I could paste it here.
Attachments:

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15587

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@ChapeL: Normally, if an error occurs, the error dialog that pops up should offer you the option to write an error log out to a file. There are some rare cases when you'll get an error log that doesn't do that, but usually they only occur right at the beginning when ComicRack is starting up the script.

The ability to request an error log at any time is one of the features I am working on the for the next release of the scraper.

Until then, you could try running the script with the debug console open. Just start ComicRack.exe with the -dso and -ssc flags, as described here. But beware: the scraper is very unstable when the debug console is open--try not to touch or interact with the console at all while you are scraping, and note also that the entire debug console has a bug that causes ComicRack to get slower and slower the longer it is open and active!

For those reasons, it is NOT a good idea to leave the console turned on by default once you've found more information about your bug.

If you are able to narrow down what is causing the bug (with or without the debug console), I'll definitely try to look into it. You could report it here, too, if you have a google account:

code.google.com/p/comic-vine-scraper/issues/list

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChapeL

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15610

• ChapeL
  • Fresh Boarder
I've managed to narrow it down to when it's happening, for example I have files named:

Ares 1 of 5 (2006).cbr
Ares 2 of 5 (2006).cbr
Ares 3 of 5 (2006).cbr
Ares 4 of 5 (2006).cbr
Ares 5 of 5 (2006).cbr

_1977-01__Black_Panther_v1_01.cbz
_1977-03__Black_Panther_v1_02.cbz

Now what I do is:

Scrape, It says there is no series so I type it in manually, from the list i pick the correct one and click show issues to match the right issue, pick the one I want and scrape. Right at the end I get error msg but everything is scraped correctly.

Tried to run it with debug window but it just hangs at the moment where It normally gives and error, left it for 2h yesterday and nothing happened, It was just sitting there.

Not a big deal as it scrapes ok, just gives that error popup msg. Only when I do more files at once it's bit more annoying as I get flooded with them :)

I've attached screenshot of debug window so you can see what I'm doing.

[EDIT]I think it's happening after I choose to see issues and pick the right one, most of the times It gives me an error msg.

Thanks
ChapeL
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ChapeL.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 4 months ago #15631

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmm...

Does this happen every time you scrape a comic? i.e. can it happen on any file, or just on some of the files (like the ones you mentioned?)

Once a file has been correctly scraped (with rescraping turned ON, which I notice you don't have set right now), if you scrape it again do you still get the error?

If you go to the preferences and hide all cover images, does the problem go away?
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by cbanack.
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

Who's Online

We have 311 guests and 3 members online