Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 6 years 6 months ago #13428

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.43 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

Version 1.0.43 is considered stable and reasonably bug free. It is identical to version 1.0.42, except that it includes a new Portuguese/Brazilian language pack (contributed by Knight Rider -- Thanks!)

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.42 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

Version 1.0.42 is considered stable and reasonably bug free. It is identical to version 1.0.41, except that I've added the "hidden feature" (see below) functionality to the "Skip" button in the search dialog now, too.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.41 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

Version 1.0.41 is considered stable and reasonably bug free. It is identical to version 1.0.40, except that it includes a fix for bug 184 and a new "hidden feature".

The hidden feature is just an easier way to add the CVDBSKIP tag to any comic books that you want the scraper to permanently ignore. Just hold down the control key when you click on the "Skip" button, and the scraper will now add a CVDBSKIP tag to your comic. This tag makes the scraper automatically skip over your comic during future scrapes, so use it with care!

More forum members have contributed translation packs for version 1.0.41; Comic Vine Scraper is now available in French and Italian! Again, thanks to everyone who's helped out with this. If you'd like to add a new translation for Comic Vine Scraper, visit this discussion topic for more details.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.40 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version is identical to version 1.0.39, except that it includes fixes for bugs 177, 178, 182, and 183, as well as enhancements 179, 180, and 181. In particular:

- There are more minor improvements to the search algorithm.

- There's larger buttons on certain dialogs, plus a new "Rescraping" tab in the Settings dialog. These changes make room for larger words/sentences in some of the new language translations.

- There's now a link to the Comic Vine Scraper website in ComicRack's Help menu.

- The scraper is now available in Dutch, German, and Polish! A huge thank you to everyone who's been contributing translations for Comic Vine Scraper. You guys are the best! :cheer:

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This release includes fixes for bugs 169, 173, and 174. It also includes a few enhancements: 97, 170, 171, and 175.

So what's new in version 1.0.39?

- the scraper now supports language localization. That means people can now use ComicRack's Localizer tool to translate the scraper's user interface into other languages. I'll integrate these translations into new builds of the scraper as people provide them to me. If you're interested in helping out with translations, head on over to this discussion thread.

- you can now go to the scraper's settings window directly from ComicRack's preferences. (Go to Preferences -> Scripts -> Available Scripts then select Comic Vine Scraper and click on the Configure... button.)

- there's now a setting to turn off the scraper's initialization dialog. That's the first dialog you see--the one that tells you how many comics you are about to scrape. Don't forget that this dialog also contains the Settings... button, so if you turn it off you'll need to go through ComicRack's preferences (see above) to turn it back on!

- also, the Settings... button and the Start Scraping button on the initialization dialog have switched places.

- version 1.0.39 also contains some minor improvements to the scraper's comic book search algorithm.

As always, if you find any bugs please report them in the issue tracker. You can log into it with your google/gmail account. Or if you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem (or any other feedback or questions) in this forum thread.

Enjoy! :)
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13433

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
ComicRack 0.139 supports the new HelpLink tag in the package.ini file.
Adding a link there to a website or document (in your package folder) gives you a nice entry in the main help.

Like the localizing thing. If I'll remember right, it was not that easy to get my localization library load stuff from the package folder (and as a fallback still from the main localization folder). Nice that you put it into your scraper :)

I'll look into the configuration button and may move it to the icon as a drop down, or something like that. I also play with the idea to give the option to add additional commands there.

Keep up the great work. ComicRack would not be the same without your fine piece of code :)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13478

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
ComicRack 0.139 supports the new HelpLink tag in the package.ini file.
Adding a link there to a website or document (in your package folder) gives you a nice entry in the main help.
Nice...I'll add a link to the main CVS page.
Like the localizing thing. If I'll remember right, it was not that easy to get my localization library load stuff from the package folder (and as a fallback still from the main localization folder). Nice that you put it into your scraper :)
Glad someone noticed that! :)
Keep up the great work. ComicRack would not be the same without your fine piece of code :)
Awww...thanks! :blush:
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13482

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
First, my apologies to cbanack for not posting earlier about this excellent new update 1.0.39. CVS is clearly an integral part of ComicRack now, and one can not be imagined without the other.
cbanack wrote:
- language localization.
- settings window directly from ComicRack's preferences.
- turn off the scraper's initialization dialog.
Amazing improvements these! I have turned off both the initialization dialog and the summary message.. the end-result is a very in-design (how else do I describe it?) experience. :cheer:
cbanack wrote:
the Settings... button and the Start Scraping button on the initialization dialog have switched places.
Thanks for that.. I remember, I had requested this, and was very glad to see this come through. My hand always used to hit the settings button. :P
cbanack wrote:
Version 1.0.39 is considered unstable. That means I'll be updating it frequently over the next few days and weeks to fix any bugs that come up.
So far, it has been quite stable. I'll report any problems as soon as I spot them.

+1 well-deserved karma for you Cory!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13486

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
600WPMPO wrote:
the end-result is a very in-design (how else do I describe it?) experience. :cheer:

"streamlined"

=D

fK

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13487

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
ComicRack does not show up in the Alt+Tab Windoes 7 menu if the scrape script is activated. The 3d version windows+tab works fine. Dunno if this is considered a bug, it's more like a glitch

edit: i reported this to the google site. i should pay more attention to the writers :D

edit, the sequel: perhaps i should update the script first before i report a bug. damn its late :evil:
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Der Internet.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13549

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Getting a bit of a bug. I accidentally deleted a fileless comic, so I readded it. When I tried to rescrape, it's immediately giving me an error. Seems to be that I can't scrape any fileless comics any more.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13550

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@sykoone: when you get the error, does it give you the option to save a log file out? if so, that log file would be extremely helpful for me to track down what's going on. if not, what is the exact error message that you are seeing?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13551

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Here's the error from the log.

PYTHON ERROR
Caught Exception: invalid unique filenamne
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\ComicVineScraper.py", line 101, in __launch
File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\ComicVineScraper.py", line 72, in delegate
File "C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\comicbook.py", line 44, in __init__

I reverted to 1.0.38 to confirm the bug is due to CVS, and not any change in the latest version of CR. 1.0.38 scrapes just fine, so it is an error with CVS 39.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39 6 years 6 months ago #13553

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Perfect! I'll take care of it soon.

Thanks for the bug report. :)
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cbanack. Reason: added link to bug report
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and 6 members online