Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.139 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13459

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
I think Fileless would be less confusing, at least for me, than the more global Book.

Other than that, great job as always cYo. :)
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13463

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cYo wrote:
It was comic before, I think. Basically yes it is a book entry (a book from your collection). Remember you can always link them to a file later on in the info dialog.
We have a script, called Convert to fileless. I wrongly named this (for my convenience) in the manual as Convert eComics to fileless.

The description reads:
Converts the selected eComic to a fileless entry by deleting the associated comic files.
Now, with fileless called as Book entries, I am a bit confused:
Converts the selected book to a book entry by deleting the associated book files. ?? :dry:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13464

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
As I see it you can run ComicRack without ever reading Comics with it. There seem to be people that use is solely as a cataloger for their paper comics. This was one of the reason to hide all the reader UI when full docking is on.

What does fileless entry mean for them?

Ach, I don't know. I guess we have the right name at least with 0.9.162 :P

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13469

• ruminavi
  • Fresh Boarder
I have installed the 0.9.138 earlier and CR always crashed when trying to open the complete library list, so I removed the update. Now I have installed the 0.9.139 version and have the same problem. Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong? I have a total of 14.000 comics (dutch, belgian) in the library.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13476

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
FWIW, I prefer "fileless entry" to "book entry".

Other possibilities:

"External Comic" or "External Comic Book"
"Physical Comic"
"Regular Comic"

"Add entry to Physical Collection"?

Just brainstorming...

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13477

• arathon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I posted this in the thread of the other version but no answer, and because this "bug"
persist i'll post it here:
1) if i have chapter is this sequence
98->99->100->101 or 8->9->10->11
CR display first the chapters in this order
100->101->98->99 or 10->11->8->9
and if i add a zero in the first two chapter CR recognize the right order: 098->099->100->101
this problem occur even when the sequence is like this 8->9->10->11
So it is an error about the order recognizing algoritm

2) Another one if i have a comic with this sequence of pages:
Credits->Cover1->cover2,
and i choose to delete Credits page and put as cover "Cover1", then i convert the comic in cbz, CR at this pint doesn't display "Cover1" but "Cover2" as a cover of the comic; however it works perfectly if i put on top the page Cover1 before converting, is this a bug? or does it Works like this?
And why putting a page like Cover doesn't make it as first page? because CR leave the page in the usual order.

3) about the converting tool, if i put on top some pages and convert the file, CR display them in their previous order eventhough in the cbz they are in the chosen order, nothing changed even if i rescan the folder and refresh it, the only solution is to put them again in top.

4)another one if i have this order 32-33 -> 034 Cr displey them like this 034 -> 32-33 (32-33 is a double page), this happen also when the sequence is like this 7-8 -> 09 or 07-08 -> 009

I think that you must control the order recognizing algoritm of CR

Sorry for my bad english but it isn't my language (i'm italian) and
Thanks for the great app.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by arathon.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13485

MUCH more stable, and thank you for that. However, still seeing significant slowness when trying to scan for new books, export a book or write metadata to a book, doubled or trebled when trying to do more than one of those tasks at once. This wasn't the case before. Ideas/suggestions/bug identifications?

EDIT:
Also, reading from books to obtain thumbnails is slow. Export icon in lower bar keeps spinning despite export having finished.

I just updated my system to a 6 core 3.3 GHz with 8GB DDR3 RAM. Even on my older computer, it was taking a long time in .137 and .138 (and even freezing all together then). The only thing that I think may impact this is the large size of my library (~56,000 books). interested in whatever suggestions can be made, even short-term ones

EDIT 2:
Taking much longer to run a script that pulls GetLibraryBooks than normal. May have a total freeze on my hands. Going back down to .136 if this is the case

EDIT 3: Even "Mark as Unread" is briefly freezing things. Were any changes made to how the library is updated?
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13489

Moving my issue to a bug. Seems to be happening consistently anytime new info is added to the library

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13493

one more thing: how do I get the "realistic display" to deactivate for thumbnails? Not seeing a setting for it

Re: ComicRack 0.9.139 released 6 years 7 months ago #13494

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
one more thing: how do I get the "realistic display" to deactivate for thumbnails? Not seeing a setting for it

ThumbnailPageBow = false

on comicrack.ini

fK
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and 3 members online