Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed

ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15564

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
The ComicRack Manual 5th edition is now officially released!

Format: pdf

No of pages: 179

Size: 35.73 MB

The 5th edition of the ComicRack Manual is before you. This ends a gap of almost 9 months from the preceding edition. We experienced as many as 9 builds of ComicRack during this period. Build 0.9.137 was the biggest release since the 4th edition of the manual, and we have been building on since then.

The past 9 months have been another positive journey for the ComicRack software. Notable were a number of changes in the GUI (like sidebar gauges, icons, tile layouts), enhancements in the details view (gap information, checkboxes), a reworked smart list editor, a reworked colors tab, a few cosmetic changes (‘book’ in place of ‘eComic’, ‘panel’ in place of ‘window’), and a large number of new, excellent scripts.

While all the chapters in this edition of the manual feature a lot of new material, it is the ‘Scripts’ chapter that has major alterations. Among each category of scripts, we have detailed 2 types: Editors’ Choice (must-have, excellent scripts) and Popular scripts. All other relevant scripts are briefly mentioned. This change is to ensure that the new user does not get overwhelmed with a huge number of ever-increasing scripts, and also to keep a control on the number of pages in the manual.

Thus starts a trend at consolidation. I have realised that there is no end to explaining things. Increasing the number of pages with every build just for the heck of ‘detailed’ explanation is not worthwhile. So, you will notice that a few pages which were there in the previous editions are now no longer there. However, there is no loss of any relevant information.

Also notable is an attempt on further making the manual pleasing to the eyes and inviting to the reader. The ‘Tips’ section is completely re-done throughout the manual now. You will also notice some of your favorite comic characters popping out here & there, talking to you!

Finally, almost all of the new screenshots now feature the copyright-free web comics. A large number of old screenshots have also been replaced in a similar fashion. Hopefully, by the next edition, the entire manual will feature web comics only.

I hope to release atleast 1 edition per year (or, if time permits, 2 editions). A few days back, I have also released the QuickManual, which is targeted at priming the first-time user, and should not be viewed as a replacement of this exhaustive manual.

I shall not forgot to thank cYo for his ultimate vision of the best comic reading and managing software ever created. My friends Stonepaw, cbanack, perezmu for supporting me and encouraging me to learn python. The guys at Microsoft, for making Windows 7, the best OS till date. The geniuses at Adobe, for making InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator, my tools for creating this humble manual.

So guys, that’s all! Hope you read this, and like it. Till next time, adios!
How can you help the ComicRack Manual Project:

Please download the manual and give it a read. Please point out any errors and I'll try my best to rectify them in the next update. If you dislike anything in the manual (or the whole of it), please feel free to give constructive criticism. In case you like it, do give me some good karma :)
I would also request all the active users to redirect new users' queries in the help section to the manual.
(if, obviously, the manual already has what they want to know ;-))

ComicRack Manual (5th ed):
http://www.multiupload.com/GYINIXUR99

OR
http://db.tt/0XnQLJHo
ComicRack Manual (5th ed) Online Version

https://sites.google.com/site/comicrackmanual/home
ComicRack Manual (5th ed) Flash Version

coming soon

Your comments here... :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonepaw, Helmic, EmilJov, condormarca, rov124, Barbiche0

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15566

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
The amount of work you've put into this manual is truly mind-boggling, and the manual is looking better than ever! :)

I've only read the introduction and scripts chapter so far, but it looks great to me. I did notice a missing bracket in the first paragraph of the CVS section (after "or a batch of books"). Page 136.

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15567

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Congratulations on getting the 5th edition out!

Took a scan through and the pages look great! The character and illustrations look great.

Thank you for the "for Stonepaw" page. I'm honored :woohoo:

I'll do a thorough read through soon and send you what I find.

One thing I noticed is the CIP is somewhat incorrect. As a librarian I feel I must give you one that is as correct as I can make. ;)
Cataloging-in-Publication Data:

600Wpmpo.
The ComicRack manual : for ComicRack 0.9.142 and beyond / by 600Wpmpo. -- 5th ed.
p. cm.
Includes index.

1. Computer software 2. Comic books, strips, etc. I. cYo. II. cYo Soft. III. Title.
005.5-dc22
All punctuation is important. I don't have the reference materials for a LCC number so a Dewey decimal will have to do ;)
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Stonepaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15573

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
No words will do this work justice!

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15584

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
+Karma as always :cheer: thanks for the update... looks awesome.

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15585

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
WOW! just skimmed through the 1st few dozen pages. Another high quality release, thanks!

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15592

• 600WPMPO
Thanks guys! Your encouragement motivates me a lot!

Still awaiting some response from cYo and some evil comments from {Oo}..

This Iron Man pose is my favorite portion from the manual:

By the way, did you know that the 4th edition of the manual has crossed 16,000 downloads!!

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonepaw

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15593

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Hey, we got an update! Thanks!

fK

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15600

• pescuma
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
@600

Congratulations for your work. Again :P
And thanks for the reference in the Acknowledgement section.

If you don't mind, I've uploaded the manual in 2 online reading services for people to read it online:
issuu.com/ricardo.pescuma/docs/comicrack_manual__5th_ed_
www.scribd.com/doc/60067145/ComicRack-Manual-5th-Ed

Re: ComicRack Manual 5th Ed 6 years 4 months ago #15601

• 600WPMPO
pescuma wrote:
If you don't mind, I've uploaded the manual in 2 online reading services for people to read it online
The more places the manual is at, the better!

Thanks a lot.. saves me a lot of work. :)

p.s. Please help me with the Scan information from filename script.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Who's Online

We have 185 guests and 3 members online