Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 1 week ago #17287

• CKeef1
  • Fresh Boarder
My filenames are all generally the same in terms of order, and the series name are all the same, yet it doesnt do this for every file, only some will automatically include other info as shown in SnagIt (page 7). This didnt happen to me when I was using an older version though I dont recall which version.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by CKeef1. Reason: Reference page number
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 1 week ago #17305

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
CKeef1 wrote:
My filenames are all generally the same in terms of order, and the series name are all the same, yet it doesnt do this for every file, only some will automatically include other info as shown in SnagIt (page 7). This didnt happen to me when I was using an older version though I dont recall which version.
In the bottom right corner of the info dialog (on the details pane) there is a option for "Proposed Values". Is yours set to "No"? If so, setting it to "Yes" should solve your problem.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 1 week ago #17320

• CKeef1
  • Fresh Boarder
cbanack wrote:
CKeef1 wrote:
In the bottom right corner of the info dialog (on the details pane) there is a option for "Proposed Values". Is yours set to "No"? If so, setting it to "Yes" should solve your problem.

Can you show me a screen shot?
UPDATE: I did not have the column present but found it and everything is checked.

This should only be searching for Grimm Fairy Tales, correct?
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by CKeef1.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 1 week ago #17339

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@CKeef1:

Geez, I'm stumped. The screen shot you posted shows a ComicRack setup that should definitely be searching for "Grimm Fairy Tales" for all those selected comics. From the looks of that screenshot, the Series Name ("Grimm Fairy Tales") is being parsed by correctly by ComicRack, too--it's right there in the "Series" column.

The thing is, the scraper should be getting its search terms out of that "Series" column! In fact, it does exactly that for me. I just tried adding some files with the exact same names as yours to my ComicRack, and they scraped just fine:

Grimm Fairy Tales [] 1001 Arabian Nights - The Adventures of Sinbad #00.cbz
Grimm Fairy Tales [] 1001 Arabian Nights - The Adventures of Sinbad #01.cbz
Grimm Fairy Tales [] 1001 Arabian Nights - The Adventures of Sinbad #02.cbz
Grimm Fairy Tales [] 1001 Arabian Nights - The Adventures of Sinbad #03.cbz

I had to do a single secondary search to get the real name of the series (Arabian Nights) but then they all scraped with the newly chosen series name. Just as I would expect, and no sign of the problem you're experiencing. :ohmy:

I even looked through the scraper code to see *exactly* how it's figuring out those search terms--and as I suspected, there just doesn't seem to be any way that it should be using filenames.

So something mighty strange is going on. Here's a few more things you can try:

1) Be sure you're using the latest versions of ComicRack and ComicVineScraper.

2) Remove some of those problem files entirely from your library, and then re-add them, and try scraping them again (perhaps something has gone haywire in the ComicRack database for those files...maybe adding them back in will fix it?)

3) Scrape any one of the problem files (manually force it to scrape the correct issue) and then press Ctrl-Shift-L while the scraper is still running. This will save out a log file which you can post for me to look at...it might have some clues.

4) Also, maybe post a screenshot showing the "details" tab of the info dialog for one of the problem comics. Maybe I'll spot something in there that I'm not thinking of right now.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 6 days ago #17355

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure if this is an issue or intended, but with version 1.0.47 if you clear the data for a book and then rescrape it, the large preview window does not show any cover image. The small preview in the main window shows images for the search results but it's difficult to scrape multiple volumes of a title when you can't tell exactly which issue it's pulling up.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 6 days ago #17358

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
lanzajr26 wrote:
Not sure if this is an issue or intended, but with version 1.0.47 if you clear the data for a book and then rescrape it, the large preview window does not show any cover image. The small preview in the main window shows images for the search results but it's difficult to scrape multiple volumes of a title when you can't tell exactly which issue it's pulling up.

Hmmm...so it does.

I just looked at this more closely, and I think it's a problem with ComicRack, actually. When you clear data on a comic book, this seems to also make ComicRack think that the comic book has zero pages, even though it doesn't. This inconsistency is temporary--if you open the info dialog on the cleared book, or open the book itself, or (at least for me) if you even just restart ComicRack entirely, the problem goes away, and the book once again has the right number of pages.

But since the Comic Vine Scraper can't display the first page on a book that has zero pages, you'll see that empty image in the preview window if you try to scrape while ComicRack is confused about the number of pages (i.e. right after clearing data.) I imagine this won't be very hard for cYo to fix...maybe you could report this over in the ComicRack bugs forum?
Last Edit: 6 years 6 days ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 4 days ago #17420

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
cbanack wrote:
I imagine this won't be very hard for cYo to fix...maybe you could report this over in the ComicRack bugs forum?

Will do, thanks for looking at it!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 5 years 11 months ago #18406

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
CVS doesn't display the 'and' ('&') sign. Just an observation, not some universe shattering bug! :laugh:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 5 years 11 months ago #18410

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmm...you're right, I was able to reproduce this problem easily. Rest assured, it's not affecting how the scraper actually scrapes, it's purely some kind of visual glitch.

I'll fix it. Actually, there are a bunch of little fixes like this piling up, so I guess I should do an update release of the scraper soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 5 years 9 months ago #19565

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I have a strange feature request:

Why not incorporate the scan info from filename script into comic vine scraper?

This way the scraper will also fill in the scan information field while filling up all the other fields.

p.s. It is just a thought, nothing important. Both the script are excellent on their own. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 7 members online