Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44-47 6 years 4 months ago #15925

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.47 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This release is identical to version 1.0.46, except that it also contains a fix for issues 176, 193, and 208.

This is a stable release that should be mostly bug-free.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.46 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This release is identical to version 1.0.45, except that it also contains a fix for issue 205.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.45 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This release is identical to version 1.0.44, except that it also contains fixes for issues 203, 204.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This release includes the following enhancements: 187, 194, 199, and 201. It also includes a minor update to the French language pack.

So what's new in version 1.0.44?

- you can now view any page in your comic books while scraping them. This is handy if your comic has multiple covers, or for some other reason ComicVine's cover isn't on the first page.

- the "series not found" error dialog and the "enter a new search term" dialog have been merged into a single dialog. Instead of showing these two messages one after the other, it's just simpler the see them at the same time.

- you can now force-save an application log by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-L at any time. This is handy if you want to get an application log for a bug that doesn't cause the regular error dialog to appear.

- there is NO NEW TEXT in version 1.0.44, so there's no need for any language packs to be updated.

I've also enabled the "Source" tab on the Comic Vine Scraper website to make it easier to browse through the scraper source code. If you're working on your own ComicRack add-ons, or if you're simply curious, feel free to take a look. I'm happy to answer questions.

As always, if you find any bugs in this release please report them in the issue tracker. You can log into it with your google/gmail account. Or if you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem (or any other feedback or questions) in this forum thread.

Enjoy! :)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Alan Scott, romsnesrom, zandroid

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15927

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
cbanack wrote:
[...]
- there is NO NEW TEXT in version 1.0.44, so there's no need for any language packs to be updated
[...]

So, what about the updated FR language pack? :blush:

Anyways, awesome job, as ever ;)
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15929

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cbanack wrote:
- you can now view any page in your comic books
:woohoo: Amazing.. you can now use this like the preview panel! +1 karma straight-away!

cbanack wrote:
I've also enabled the "Source" tab on the Comic Vine Scraper website to make it easier to browse through the scraper source code.
Disclaimer: Please note that some users may find the the code mind-boggling, vertigo-inducing, giving them an 'Alice in wonderland' feeling! ComicRack, cYo, cbanack, or any of our affiliates are not responsible if you sustain any damages while viewing the monster. :laugh:

Bug-time:

I was able to reproduce the 'Unexpected error' dialog with fair consistency by trying to view the preview pages while the scraping is going on.

Here are some logs:

File Attachment:

File Name: cvs-debug-...7-31.zip
File Size:6 KB
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15930

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
{Oo} wrote:
So, what about the updated FR language pack?
Don't worry it's in there! :laugh:
I just meant that there's no new english text that needs to be translated.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15931

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
I was able to reproduce the 'Unexpected error' dialog with fair consistency by trying to view the preview pages while the scraping is going on.
Wow that did not take long...nice work! :lol:

I'm away from my development machine for the next two days, so I'll look into this bug and hopefully fix it on Tuesday.

Anyone find any other bugs? :whistle:
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15935

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Working great on this end! Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15936

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Working fine here, just threw 100+ rescrape, no problem. Havent done any new scrapes yet.

fK

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15974

• EvlAsh
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

I just discovered ComicRack and Comic Vine Scrapper and I'm using it to keep track of my paper comic collection. I'm currently using Comic Vine Scrapper 1.0.43 and I'm having trouble with alternate covers being displayed. For example, I added two Batman #500 -- which was available with two different covers (newsstand & Direct Edition) -- and both entries only display Cover A. I followed the instructions in the ComicRack Manual and selected the alternate cover then clicked OK; but it still does not work. No matter how many times I delete one of the entries and then re-add it, Cover A is the only one that gets displayed. Any idea on how to remedy this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. I would have posted this on the 1.0.39-43 thread, but it has been locked.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by EvlAsh.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15983

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@EvlAsh: I just tried this myself, and I can duplicate the problem too. It looks like it might be a bug in Comic Vine Scraper, or maybe a problem with the Comic Vine website. I'll look into it more closely over the next day or two and see if I can fix the problem.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.44 6 years 4 months ago #15984

• EvlAsh
  • Fresh Boarder
@cbanack: Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 3 members online