Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available.

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 6 months ago #22763

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
600WPMPO wrote:
+1 karma for the update.. :-)

There are some InDesign files lying around in your room. Time to start working on them ;-)

I know... I haven't had time to touch the full manual for 2 months now... It's so depressing... -_-'
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 6 months ago #22776

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
And links updated once more so you have more possibilities to choose from.

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26358

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
Just a quick update regarding the French version of the full manual.

I'm only almost through the chapter 4. I don't know how 600 managed to create this thing of beauty while having a full time job... It's just insane...

Anyways, it's not forgotten, it's just soooooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... :(

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26362

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've never really understood why people translate from English into other languages. I mean, English is the common tongue of all mankind after all. Heck, the whole universe. Even the almost all of the aliens in the original Star Trek spoke English!!!! So, why even bother to translate it into something else? If they aren't willing to learn English, do they even deserve to use this glorious program called ComicRack?

;)

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26364

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
2 words : user reachability

Any software that only allows English is doomed to fail. Contrary to popular belief, English isn't the most spoken language on our little piece of rock that is Earth and people from countries that don't use English as a mother-tongue, most of the time, only speak/understand a few words of it. They're far from being fluent enough to use it to its full power.

Since the program allows localization packages (which changes the language of CR), why not localize the manual as well ? This way, even more people can use this software as they please.

In summary, the more users u can reach, the faster the user base of the software will grow, the more revenues from donations/ads will be gained. It's a basic business model for any free service that uses nothing more than word of mouth to reach more people. Even if the main goal of cYo with CR isn't making money, it at least is NOT losing any.

On that bombshell, I'm going back to my useless localization :p

P.S.: I recognize irony when I see it so don't be alarmed, I won't send a whole flock of tweety birds beacking at your windows at night :laugh:

edit : BTW, I forgot to mention that I've been doing the FR loc version of CR for almost 5 years now and that it's the most downloaded language pack of all (more than Spanish which is unusual) so that must mean I'm doing something right :P
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by {Oo}.
The following user(s) said Thank You: glenntx

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26381

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
From what I've read, every species speaks it's own language. The universal translator and the every popular Babel Fish converted it to English for the rest of us to understand. To me there are only two correct ways to approach someone new.

Bah Weep Grannah Weep Ninni Bong

Klaatu barada nikto

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26382

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
From what I've read, every species speaks it's own language. The universal translator and the every popular Babel Fish converted it to English for the rest of us to understand. To me there are only two correct ways to approach someone new.

Bah Weep Grannah Weep Ninni Bong

Klaatu barada nikto

Ahh.. I do love the Babel Fish.

Re: French version of 600's Quick Intro manual available. 5 years 1 month ago #26390

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
Klaatu barada nikto

The day the Earth stood still <3
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and 3 members online