Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.145 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.145 released 6 years 1 month ago #17306

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
quidam wrote:
- sync with other windows installations (via wifi and web)
- server/web app to access the library and read comics from the web browser
The Android wifi sync doesn't work for me, and the USB sync is painfully slow. This makes me quite unsure for all the syncing hopes for the windows version... :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.145 released 6 years 1 month ago #17347

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
When you say syncing, are we talking syncing the DB or the physical CBR/CBZ files? I assume you're talking the physical files if it's speed issues, but shouldn't that be a one-time hit? With my own process, I sync using USB all the time and it only takes a minute or two for the DB and scripts to sync and for CR to start. I could probably trim that time a bit by not RARing the DB, but a lot of that time hit involves syncing the scripts which is currently over 4300 files for me. The physical files can take longer, especially if there's a big batch and doing everything over USB, but again, shouldn't it be more of a one-time deal?

I ask simply because I'm in the market for a tablet and would like to understand the limitations. Basically, is Android worth the hassle or should I spend the extra money on a Windows device and a real processor. I've been leaning towards waiting for the quad-core tablets and Windows 8...but that'll be a wicked price hit.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.145 released 6 years 1 month ago #17348

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Samael69 wrote:
Basically, is Android worth the hassle or should I spend the extra money on a Windows device and a real processor. I've been leaning towards waiting for the quad-core tablets and Windows 8...but that'll be a wicked price hit.

I run CR on a Windows 7 based Inpsiron Duo tablet/netbook hybrid and an Android Acer Iconia A500. The reading experience is much better on the Android version, since cYo is optimizing the comics specifically for the app. I sync wirelessly and for an update of 50 comics it takes less than 10 minutes. USB sync for that same amount might be less than 5 minutes. I've been extremely pleased with both the free and paid versions of CR for Android.

Running the full version of CR Windows on a Win8 tablet with quad-core would be a sweet experience, I'm sure much faster than my Inspiron and you could take your entire library with you. Personally, that's not what I'm looking for, I only need enough reading to get me through a weekend or when I'm waiting around for my daughter, so a few hundred books running perfectly in Android is just right for me.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 3 members online