ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19800

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
New
* NEW: Commands in sync dialog to select/deselect all lists in a folder
Changes
* CHANGE: Added name of the book to sync conversion errors
* CHANGE: ComicRack now works without KB2533523 installed
* CHANGE: New SyncQueueLength setting in ComicRack.ini (defaults to 50)
* CHANGE: New SyncWifiTimeout setting in ComicRack.ini (defaults to 60)
* CHANGE: Better "Open Random" function (better randomization, each book only once in open sequence)
* CHANGE: Much faster wireless protocol (needs Android version 1.43+)
Bugfixes
* BUGFIX: Fixed menu commands for toggling sidebar and small preview
* BUGFIX: Fixed various sync issues
* BUGFIX: Sync conversion now honors the temp folder setting in ComicRack.ini
* BUGFIX: Added missing help references for sync dialogs
* BUGFIX: Fixed possible lock when opening books
* BUGFIX: Fixed Search Browser selection still active when closing Search Browser
* BUGFIX: Fixed entries in Search Browser when selecting empty list
* BUGFIX: Fixed selection drawing in Search Browser

cYo wrote:
First release in the last year of our humble existence :)

This build has a lot of bugfixes and brings a reworked and much faster wifi protocol for the Android client. If you're using ComicRack for Android you will need version 1.43 or newer. For a complete list of changes see the description of the download.

As usual you can comment about this version here.[/size]
Hf
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: added changelog for 0.9.150
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quidam, forkicks, apoapostolov

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19809

No idea why, but after installing .150 I can no longer sync with CRA 1.44
The Android client says "waiting" in Wifi Notification, and CRW is stuck at either Waiting or 0%.

P.S.: Reverted to CRW .149 and wifi sync works fine.

Device: SGS2/2.3.4 ROM, Transformer TF101/2.3.5 ROM
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by apoapostolov.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19815

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
apoapostolov wrote:
No idea why, but after installing .150 I can no longer sync with CRA 1.44
The Android client says "waiting" in Wifi Notification, and CRW is stuck at either Waiting or 0%.

P.S.: Reverted to CRW .149 and wifi sync works fine.

Device: SGS2/2.3.4 ROM, Transformer TF101/2.3.5 ROM

I can confirm this happened to me too [cYo: i didn't experience this with the RCs with 1.42 on the android, although now they show the same when i downgrade to them. RC1 will transfer a mb or so and then hang on waiting/0%, rc2 is like final, doesnt transfer anything and stays stuck at waiting]. I had to clear all the comics from the device and start with a blank android comicrack. Then it would sync.

I'm still unable to start sync from the android side, while doing it from windows, after starting over, works as intended.

There is also the issue that appeared with the two last versions of the android app, when you introduced the speed improvements (quite nice btw). After around 4GB of data transferred, the android device is almost unusable. The data transfer continues, but the android device is almost unresponsive. Checking task manager apps shows comicrack taking quite the cpu usage (around 10% before hitting 4gb, 100% after that). Only a full reset to the device will make it usable again, even if the transfer is stopped. This only started to manifest since the speed improvements version of CRA.

If i transfer in chunks of under 4gbs, its all fine.
[edit: this may be related just to the notification display rather than transfer amounts. The whole notification area gets taken out (it disappears and can't be interacted with) from the android taskbar. Perphaps too many updates/writes/bad value set? This is the first sign i get the device will get unresponsive.]

[edit2: pending more tests on my end]

And to end in a very positive note, the identification of the files that have problems during sync is very helpfull in finding bad files in your collection. Already replaced quite a few.

fK
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by forkicks.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19822

• cYo
I'll put CRA 1.45 out tonight. I added some resource optimization and finally a wake lock to keep the device on during wifi sync.

I did a full 5 GB sync and had no problems whatsoever.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19823

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
There was a time when I used to get very excited whenever a new ComicRack update was released. These days, I know that the changelog is going to be predominantly focused on only 2 things: 'Android' & 'wifi sync'. While its Android brother flourishes, the original Windows version awaits a lot. :(

I know that cYo is one person, and as he is making some money out of the Android version, he feels more obliged to rectify their problems. Still, the Android version can never come halfway near to the masterpiece its Windows parent is.

You Windows fans also exist cYo....:unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19826

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Even though CR for Windows did not have any major update for some releases, except the ones related to synching with the Android version, I do not think the same thing as you 600.

As you pointed out, cYo is the only one developing CRW and CRA. While CRW has been in development for a few years now and has reached a certain level of stability/features, CRA has been out for only a few months. It seems logical, at least to me, that cYo gives it more of his oh so precious time to polish it, debug it and add some features requested by its users. And, since he's not a whole team, he has to make choices.

Furthermore, developing the same software for years can be a little boring I assume so this new version with new coding may have a little more appeal at the moment.

Anyways, I'm sure that CRW is far from being forgotten but, since most of the users' requests have been implemented and the bugs have been corrected cYo can't do much more with it for the moment except keep maintaining it and add/change features when the ideas are submitted.

That's just my 2 cents ;)
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19833

• cYo
CRW is not forgotten (and also Oo's other points are valid).

Like it is with most of my dev. stuff I'm building the things I need. So there are no new features in the CRW reader for some time as I now almost exclusively use CRA to read (but on the other hand, what is missing?). And even there .150 adds a much better random reading implementation (as suggested by samael).

But since CRA was introduced there has been some new stuff in CRW
* A huge revamp of the WebComic feature.
* The check tag for books.
* An important fix for jpeg image handling
* And LOTs of other bug fixes,
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19835

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I guess you are correct...
cYo wrote:
on the other hand, what is missing?
I'll answer that pretty soon! B)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19838

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Disregard my previous post.

I'm still looking into this, and it may boil down to pairing problems. I fixed the problem with not being able to start the wifi sync from CRA by pairing again, i'll need some time to check the rest i wrote about.

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 11 months ago #19870

• Riptide
  • Fresh Boarder
Is anyone else experiencing stability issues with the main application? I just upgraded from 0.138 (I think) and I'm getting application crashes when running scripts. ComicVine, Extract First Page, and Organize files and Folders 2.2 are all causing crashes under Win7 Home Premium (SP1) x64 edition. The PC is an Intel i5 quad-processor running at 2.79 GHz w/4 GB of RAM.

I get the following error (Microsoft error report):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ComicRack.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f048618
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.0.30319.239
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e1822f4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000018b20e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d5da
Additional Information 2: d5da877c74bc51c7a6f0ea1590f75931
Additional Information 3: c873
Additional Information 4: c873244cbf7b2aab299a91c7ad377cf6

I've tried a fresh boot and have no other apps (than this browser) running and it still won't stay up longer than 2-5 minutes. It seems to crash sooner the faster I switch directories/run scripts but slowing down does not eliminate the errors. I'm running in Run as Adminstrator Mode. I'm sure there's very little in this error report of value to you but I don't see any log files I can provide. Is there an ENVAR or debug flag I can enable to help track down the issue? :(
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and one member online