• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
600WPMPO wrote:
I guess you are correct...
cYo wrote:
on the other hand, what is missing?
I'll answer that pretty soon! B)

The one thing that I would love to see (as in other posts has already been mentioned) is a truly portable version of CRW. I.e. a version that not only has the settings stored locally but where the library database also refers to relative paths rather than absolute paths (to avoid issues as in comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/19666...nal-hard-drive#19845)

Otherwise I would agree I have not seen anything missing :laugh:
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 10 months ago #19923

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
rmagere wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
I guess you are correct...
cYo wrote:
on the other hand, what is missing?
I'll answer that pretty soon! B)

The one thing that I would love to see (as in other posts has already been mentioned) is a truly portable version of CRW. I.e. a version that not only has the settings stored locally but where the library database also refers to relative paths rather than absolute paths (to avoid issues as in comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/19666...nal-hard-drive#19845)

Otherwise I would agree I have not seen anything missing :laugh:

I would love to see the -db [Path to Database] option given more up-front exposure, and maybe a few tweaks. What I really want to be able to do is keep my database file on the external hard drive with my comics, open it once from, say, a "File/Open Library" command in CRW, and have CRW use that as the default from that point on. I like keeping data separate from my apps if at all possible - basically, if I wipe my system drive, I would love to be able to reinstall the app and open my library from the secondary drive. I know I can backup/restore the database, but working this way would help users that move a USB drive from, say, their home PC to their laptop when going on trips. Read counts, read location, etc, will travel since the database and coimcs are all together. This coupled with relative paths in the database file (assuming the files are on the same drive as the database) will at least make usage more portable. At the very least, you could install the app anywhere you want (even on a USB stick) and then open a library from anywhere (for those who just want the library on the external USB drive).
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by duckpuppy.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.150 released 5 years 10 months ago #19987

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cYo wrote:
On the other hand, what is missing?
You can get the first list of what's missing in this request thread: More Metadata Fields
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Who's Online

We have 258 guests and 4 members online