• Thank you received: 676
New
* NEW: Added Story Arc, Series Group, Main Character and Review meta data
* NEW: Implemented data and check update from sync client
Changes
* CHANGE: Updated 7z to version 9.20
* CHANGE: Updated ZipSharp to 0.86
Bugfixes
* BUGFIX: Fixed "+" and "!" modifier with webcomics (broke Freak Angels.cbw)

cYo wrote:
This build adds support for some additional meta data requested by the community. The new fields are:

Story Arc
Series Group
Main Character or Team
Review

The new fields are supported throughout the application (edit, copy & paste, browser, smart lists). The Android application does currently not display these new fields, but will after one of the next updates.

This version also lays the ground for future data editing on the Android client and syncing the info back to ComicRack. You will also need the latest version for ComicRack for Android from the market for syncing to work properly.

Additionally a stupid bug in the webcomics parser, that broke "FreakAngels", has been fixed.
Your comments here :)
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: added changelog for 0.9.151
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Stonepaw, skeezix, kenjio

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20177

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557

I am highly grateful for the new metadata fields. A lot of things just became easier (and half of the tips & tricks manual just became obsolete :laugh: )

From the bottom of my heart, thanks a lot cYo..:blush: I am so emotional right now that I don't think that I deserve to ever request anything else from you. Thanks for everything.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20181

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I love the new metadata fields, but one big problem tha jumped out immediately that bugs me...this isn't news, because the old fields do this also, but I figure while I'm thinking about it is the time to bring it up. Most of these fields don't parse correctly in most library views. o, for example, if I have a book that has two main characters (say, the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine one-shot, which should be obvious), if I stack by main character, this book will be in its own lonesome stack as 'Spider-Man, Wolverine' and not in either the 'Spider-Man' or 'Wolverine' stacks. This is especially a probably if you want to stack or group by say, writer or character or something like that as well.

Obviously, these things do work fine for, say, populating a smart list, but we don't all live our lives via smart lists. It would be nice to have this functionality. :/ Thank you for finally adding these new fields, though!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20182

• cYo
Like I explained in a few other posts: problem is that this would require to have the same book in multiple groups in the same list. My browser architecture can not handle this case. So I either have an amazing idea (very unlilkely :)) or I make a huge rewrite for this (also currently very unlikely).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shinrai

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20184

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, right, I do remember you saying that. I feel a bit dumb now. :3

On a slightly different note, now that I've been playing around with it, it would really be nice if the Main Character or Team field had a flyout with a populated list like the Characters/Teams/Locations field. This is getting big fast and I'm getting a bunch of entries that are multi-part, so it'd simplify thing. :)

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20185

• cYo
Flyouts are only for multi value fields.
My understanding of the new "Main" Field is exactly that I can group by it (and have only one value in it -> no plural in the name).

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20186

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
That's not how I'll personally use it at all (see my Spider-Man vs. Wolverine example previously, for example, or worse what about anthology books?). All the other users might disagree with me, I guess, but I suspect I'm probably not the only one who'll use it this way. Still, that's a minor usability improvement - as it is I can basically copy and paste from the characters and teams fields what I want.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 10 months ago #20194

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Another nice update, taking us one step closer to perfection.. Though, in all fairness, the more we get, the more we want B)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 9 months ago #20213

• jumpr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 4
So I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for this version. I haven't been around much and haven't had time to post or do much interacting but I did wanna say that this version seems to have cleared a problem I was having with the previous which was that when CR tried to load a bunch of thumbnails at one time it would completely lock-up and Id have to "end task". But thats all solved now it seems! So thanks.

Oh, and I also am kinda digging the new meta-data fields!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.151 released 5 years 9 months ago #20231

• Poplup
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey I just updated Comic Rack and noticed that I can no longer do what I could do in the older version which is.

Click Open File and select a comic. Now when I go into my comic book folders, nothing shows up.
Sorry if I seem annoying but got very used to the way it was done before.

Secondly if I uninstall it does that mean that all of my comics go away with it?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 285 guests and 3 members online