Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 10 months ago #28722

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
oraclexview wrote:
The first thing is in the Index of Scripts (Updated July 15, 2012) thread, the ComicVine Scraper "Forum Topic" link points to the old original Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.39-43 thread instead of the current Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 thread. Is this intentional or should I go ahead and update this to point to the new current thread?
Oh yeah, definitely. For some reason it never even occurred to me to update that link. :P
Then, I got the idea to try this: To my surprise, this standard URL universal string worked. So, is this the string format that your script uses in order to re-scrape books that contain your CVDB Tags? B)
Yup, this is exactly what the scraper does. It works for volumes (series), too:

www.comicvine.com/avengers/49-7084/

is the same as:

www.comicvine.com/volume/49-7084/
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 10 months ago #28724

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cbanack wrote:
Oh yeah, definitely. For some reason it never even occurred to me to update that link. :P
Taken care of.
cbanack wrote:
Yup, this is exactly what the scraper does. It works for volumes (series), too:

www.comicvine.com/avengers/49-7084/

is the same as:

www.comicvine.com/volume/49-7084/
Good to know. I'll make note of this as well for future coding ideas. Thanks!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29153

Hello, I've run into a problem trying to scrape Rapunzel's Revenge from:
http://www.comicvine.com/rapunzels-revenge/49-31147/ I've tried searching just revenge in the search again box. Nothing works to to and get it scraped. Any idea why it would be doing this? I even changed file name to directly match the name in comicvine.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29156

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
rickstaman05 wrote:
http://www.comicvine.com/rapunzels-revenge/49-31147/ I've tried searching just revenge in the search again box. Nothing works to to and get it scraped. Any idea why it would be doing this? I even changed file name to directly match the name in comicvine.

Hmm, strange. I just tried it and it seems to be working fine--I just typed "rapunzel's revenge" in the search again box, and it found it right away. It also worked when I searched for "31147" (the comic vine ID for that series.) Also, I tried searching for "revenge", then clicking on the "Series" column header (to sort that column alphabetically). I found Rapunzel's Revenge in there, too.

Are you using the latest version of Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.52)? Even if you are, it might be worth trying to search again--maybe the Comic Vine database was having some kind of issue when you tried before.

Let me know how it goes.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29157

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
rickstaman05 wrote:

That's because the name of the comic isn't listed in the info on comicvine so it isn't in the API.

Just type CVDB193534 in the tags field and make sure the scraper is set to [use previous choice when 'rescraping' comics]

The only thing it scrapes is the year and cover with a title of TPB though
cbanack wrote:
Hmm, strange. I just tried it and it seems to be working fine--I just typed "rapunzel's revenge" in the search again box, and it found it right away. It also worked when I searched for "31147" (the comic vine ID for that series.) Also, I tried searching for "revenge", then clicking on the "Series" column header (to sort that column alphabetically). I found Rapunzel's Revenge in there, too

Weird, because it doesn't come up for me either with any variation on the name and I have the latest version. But it comes up with the number though.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Madmatx.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29158

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
cbanack wrote:
rickstaman05 wrote:

Hmm, strange. I just tried it and it seems to be working fine--I just typed "rapunzel's revenge" in the search again box, and it found it right away. It also worked when I searched for "31147" (the comic vine ID for that series.) Also, I tried searching for "revenge", then clicking on the "Series" column header (to sort that column alphabetically). I found Rapunzel's Revenge in there, too.

Are you using the latest version of Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.52)? Even if you are, it might be worth trying to search again--maybe the Comic Vine database was having some kind of issue when you tried before.

Let me know how it goes.

You are always so fast and helpful to reply in this thread, just wanted to commenton that. :)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29159

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Casublett wrote:
You are always so fast and helpful to reply in this thread, just wanted to commenton that. :)
Well, thanks I do try. :blush:

Perhaps I find it a little too easy to procrastinate on the ComicRack forum when I'm actually supposed to be doing my job. ;)
Madmatx wrote:
Just type CVDB193534 in the tags field and make sure the scraper is set to [use previous choice when 'rescraping' comics]
Oh yeah, that should work too!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29160

CVDB193534 worked thanks! And I couldn't get it to work without the tag code with new version either (I was one version behind). May have been partly because there was no publisher listed? Anyway, thanks for the help all. I added the publisher to comicvine...lol.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by rickstaman05.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29164

• Karvajalka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Would it be possible to add option to use ComicRack's proposed value for book's number before scraper's own logic?

It seems like the scraper tries to use the number from book's info if available, if there is nothing but proposed value, it will use own logic to guess the number. This cause some nasty surprises when everything looks good in my list (CRW guessed numbers correctly), but when I scrape info from Comic Vine, I get info from correct series, but numbers change.

This seems to be problem only with books which have plenty of numbers in the file name (date, volume, number of pages etc...)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29171

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Karvajalka wrote:
It seems like the scraper tries to use the number from book's info if available, if there is nothing but proposed value, it will use own logic to guess the number.
Yes, this is correct.
This seems to be problem only with books which have plenty of numbers in the file name (date, volume, number of pages etc...)
There are two ways to handle this problem.

1) If ComicRack is already guessing the issue numbers correctly, you can run the Commit Proposed Values script on your comics (it comes with ComicRack so you already have it). Once the correct issue numbers are committed, Comic Vine Scraper will see them and use them.

2) If the problem comics are all named in a consistent way, then you can use the ALT_SEARCH_REGEX feature to "teach" Comic Vine Scraper how to recognize your file naming scheme. If you choose to go this route, I can help you create the necessary regular expression, just give me some example filenames.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 192 guests and 4 members online