Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29172

• Karvajalka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks,

The commit script should be pretty helpful here. I thought there was something, but just didn't notice it.

Teaching Comic Vine Scraper is usually bit too troublesome, because these issues come up when importing new stuff into my library and there rarely are any consistency... In those cases the tags from file names script is quite useful.

One rule which you might want to add to CVS: if there is "P" after the number, that probably means number of pages, not the issue number.

Anyway, the original question ways, could you add an option to use proposed values instead of Comic Vine Scraper's own logic to guess the values? That way when CRW's guesses are good, I can use them, if they are not, I can try CVS.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29174

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Karvajalka wrote:
One rule which you might want to add to CVS: if there is "P" after the number, that probably means number of pages, not the issue number.
Ah, that's a good idea, I should be able to add that in to the scraper's logic fairly easily.
Teaching Comic Vine Scraper is usually bit too troublesome, because these issues come up when importing new stuff into my library and there rarely are any consistency... In those cases the tags from file names script is quite useful.
Every now and then someone has a large collection of files that uses some custom naming format that Comic Vine Scraper can't handle--in those cases, "teaching" the scraper the new format can be pretty helpful. But you are the first person who has ever told me that regular new comics (presumably with fairly standard filenames?) aren't being handled automatically.

Can you (or anyone else) provide me some example filenames for comics that don't work? I'll try to improve the scraper's filename parsing to handle as many commonly encountered filenames as I can (that idea with "P" after a number will be a good improvement, for example.)
Anyway, the original question ways, could you add an option to use proposed values instead of Comic Vine Scraper's own logic to guess the values? That way when CRW's guesses are good, I can use them, if they are not, I can try CVS.
Sorry, but I'd much rather try to make sure that CVS's guesses are as good or better than CRW's before I consider going down that route.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29198

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys, there's finally a new version of Comic Vine Scraper available. With actual new features! :laugh:

I've started a new forum thread for discussions related to this new version.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29201

• Karvajalka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
cbanack wrote:
Every now and then someone has a large collection of files that uses some custom naming format that Comic Vine Scraper can't handle--in those cases, "teaching" the scraper the new format can be pretty helpful. But you are the first person who has ever told me that regular new comics (presumably with fairly standard filenames?) aren't being handled automatically.

Sorry, that was not what I meant. Usually these cases come up when you get some old stuff where the naming conventions might not be very usual. I'v seen something like this quite often:
Name of the series number numberOfPages+P (publish date). Unfortunately there seems to be lots of variations which parts are included and what delimiter are used.

Sorry, but I'd much rather try to make sure that CVS's guesses are as good or better than CRW's before I consider going down that route.

Hmm... I didn't realize there was a competition going on. Maybe you and cYo should work in this together. Two brilliant minds should come up with pretty awesome results.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Karvajalka.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 4 years 9 months ago #29203

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Karvajalka wrote:
I've seen something like this quite often:
Name of the series number numberOfPages+P (publish date). Unfortunately there seems to be lots of variations which parts are included and what delimiter are used.
The newest version of the scraper should handle some (many, even?) of these cases now.
Hmm... I didn't realize there was a competition going on. Maybe you and cYo should work in this together. Two brilliant minds should come up with pretty awesome results.
There can never be any competition between cYo and I--he writes more code in a week than I do in a year! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrDowntown
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 282 guests and 4 members online