News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 month ago #26910

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
forkicks wrote:
There is another more blatant case of two series, same name, same year - x-men first year. Both volumes came out on the same year and scrape as the same series. Was a pain in the ass to fix them all.

I have requested a change to the duplicate detection to allow more than series name and volume, like adding month, to overcome this. They would -always- show up as duplicates even when properly scraped.

fK

This is why I refuse to use years - I just manually determine what volume it is through hard work and research, goddamnit.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 4 weeks ago #26948

• nyder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to tell the scraper to ignore keywords like CTC, TPB, HC and such? would be nice if possible.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 4 weeks ago #26949

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
@nyder: Unfortunately I don't think there a way to do this right now. Can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do? What do you mean by "ignore keywords"?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 4 weeks ago #26950

• nyder
  • Fresh Boarder
cbanack wrote:
@nyder: Unfortunately I don't think there a way to do this right now. Can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do? What do you mean by "ignore keywords"?

I have a very large collection, and quite a few of the files have stuff like ctc in them, not in parentheses like the new releases do. Plus I tagged a few files with HC (for Hardcovers) and TPB (for trade paper backs).

I did use a file util to go thru and take out ctc's and a few others on some of my directories. I figured out what the scrapper like and renamed some files. When I say i have a lot of files, i have 704 GB worth of what I have gone thru and organized so far. Almost 50k files, which I am now scraping (still on B's, batman currently, and i have a ton of those).

Being able to have an ignore list would be cool, but using file renaming I managed to get around the problems.

anyways, this plugin rocks, and thanks.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27205

• ireadstuff
  • Fresh Boarder
To add on to nyder, I also would find this feature helpful.

One example would be files that contain the year in them without the ()s.

Another useful feature would be modifying the default images shown for each series. It'd save time if it displayed the cover of the issue it's 'guessing' rather than the first issue's cover (and it could still default to the first issue if there's a problem). This wouldn't work in a lot of cases, but it would save a lot of time for the 'happy' case.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27208

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
ireadstuff wrote:
Another useful feature would be modifying the default images shown for each series. It'd save time if it displayed the cover of the issue it's 'guessing' rather than the first issue's cover (and it could still default to the first issue if there's a problem). This wouldn't work in a lot of cases, but it would save a lot of time for the 'happy' case.

This has been a long standing feature request, but unfortunately one that ComicVine's web service doesn't properly support (for reasons described here).

This particular idea is at the top of my list of things to improve on the scraper--so if and when it becomes possible to do this, I definitely will.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27215

• ireadstuff
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the link, I didn't realize that this wasn't the proper venue for these requests.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27237

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
ireadstuff wrote:
Thanks for the link, I didn't realize that this wasn't the proper venue for these requests.

No worries, I don't mind if people prefer to use these forum pages (and especially this thread). :)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27247

• Urliq
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wondering if there was a way to make Comic Vine Scraper leave the Title of a comic blank if it is the exact same as the Series?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.48-52 5 years 1 week ago #27255

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@Urliq: There is no way to make Comic Vine Scraper leave the Title of a comic blank if it is identical to the Series name, unfortunately.

It might be possible to create a Smart List in ComicRack that contains only comics where the title and series name are equal (I'm not sure about that, though.) If you could do that, then you could easily bulk edit any comics that show up in that Smart List (i.e. just blank out their titles.)
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by cbanack.
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Who's Online

We have 276 guests and one member online