• Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I made the Bugle! Yippee!
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28738

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
One thing I did notice about the new expanded cover details view and combined grouping is that when I place the "Cover" column first then group by two combined columns (in this case "Series" & "Volume") it works as expected with the first issue's cover shown within the combined group and the groupings sorted by Series then Volume. However, when I do the same thing but group by three combined columns instead of two (in this case "Publisher", "Series" & "Volume"), it no longer sorts the groups as I expect which is Publisher, Series then Volume. Instead it sorts the groups by Volume, Publisher then Series.

I assumed that it would sort the combined group columns by the order that you selected them, however this doesn't see to be the case once you select 3 columns. Is this how it's suppose to be or is this a possible oversight?

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28739

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
This looks very cool so far. I was wondering, though, where's the best place to put icon change and addition requests for the next version? I started a thread in the Icons board but it looks like it may have been overlooked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28742

• jondotg144
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I cannot seem to get the expanded cover view to work. I have moved the cover column all the way to the left, but it is not working.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28743

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
In theory they should be sorted exactly in the order as specified (and displayed in the group header).

But currently there are problems with some groupers (e.g. Volume) that will dominate other ones in the group. I'll rewrite that for the next release.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28746

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cYo wrote:
In theory they should be sorted exactly in the order as specified (and displayed in the group header).

But currently there are problems with some groupers (e.g. Volume) that will dominate other ones in the group. I'll rewrite that for the next release.
That's great! This addition is awesome even with the problems, and once you've had time to tweak the sort issue, it'll be perfect! Gave a +karma for this nice visual update.
jondotg144 wrote:
Ok, I cannot seem to get the expanded cover view to work. I have moved the cover column all the way to the left, but it is not working.
I believe that you won't get the expanded cover view until you use the grouping feature since the expanded cover view shows you one cover (cover of first book in the grouping) for each book within your grouping.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28747

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo.... simply awesome the expanded cover and the new grouping criteria...

Now, for the ios version... :P

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28762

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
oraclexview wrote:
One thing I did notice about the new expanded cover details view and combined grouping is that when I place the "Cover" column first then group by two combined columns (in this case "Series" & "Volume") it works as expected with the first issue's cover shown within the combined group and the groupings sorted by Series then Volume. However, when I do the same thing but group by three combined columns instead of two (in this case "Publisher", "Series" & "Volume"), it no longer sorts the groups as I expect which is Publisher, Series then Volume. Instead it sorts the groups by Volume, Publisher then Series.

I assumed that it would sort the combined group columns by the order that you selected them, however this doesn't see to be the case once you select 3 columns. Is this how it's suppose to be or is this a possible oversight?

I'm getting this same sort of result with only having selected Series first and then Volume. Volume is taking precedence over all others. Tried different combinations like Publisher/Volume and Main Character/Volume. Each one, Volume takes top spot as if it was selected first.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28767

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Thanks for release, cYo.

And thanks for the buggle :) -

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28778

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
If I group by just Series and rotate through the views everything appears grouped by the full series name as I would expect.

But if I then also stack by Series, only the Details view groups by the full series name, while Thumbnails and Tiles group on just the first letter of the Series?

I noticed this when I was trying to setup a group by Series, Stack by Series/Story Arc
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Freakeao.
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 5 members online