Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.159 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28779

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Speaking of which, I've always thought it odd that if you group by series apostrophes are listed first (eg. '68 Scars & The 'Nam) but if you stack them and the grouping goes to number's/letters the apostrophe is listed as other making it on the bottom.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28780

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Is there a way to sort groups, the groups themselves, not the just the contents of the group?

I have a view of a Series that I have grouped by Story Arc and order by published. Inside the Story arc groups everything shows up just how I would like it. But the groups are sorted by the names of the Story arc, and I would like a way to sort them by published also. That way I would just scroll down and see the story arcs in publish order, great for reading TP style.

Thanks
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Freakeao.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28781

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
Isn't that a case where you would press control and have it grouped by both published date and story arc? You can also create a regular list (non-smart list) and just re-arrange the books in the order you want manually.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28782

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Grouping by published date won't help because each book has a different published date. So only one book in a group and not much point to that.

But I love me some smart lists. :)

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28786

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Freakeao wrote:
Is there a way to sort groups, the groups themselves, not the just the contents of the group?

I have a view of a Series that I have grouped by Story Arc and order by published. Inside the Story arc groups everything shows up just how I would like it. But the groups are sorted by the names of the Story arc, and I would like a way to sort them by published also. That way I would just scroll down and see the story arcs in publish order, great for reading TP style.

Thanks
Because the "story arc" node/field with the exact same value can relate to multiple books that contain totally different "published" node/field values I don't think there would be any way you could put your collection/library in the order that you desire. At least not as far as grouping is concerned.

The only way around this that I can think of is if you either place the published date (for each story arc I would make it the date of the first issue of the story arc) in front of the story arc text within the story arc node/field, or you can place the published date (for each story arc I would make it the date of the first issue of the story arc) in another field that allows you to sort and group and then when grouping select that field first and the story arc field second.

Best options I can think of to kind of get what you want.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28935

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
the triple stack sorting has got to be the BEST function ever added to ComicRack in my opinion

but the apply button in the dialog tends to delete some info (format, publisher and imprint so far that i've noticed)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28938

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
the triple stack sorting has got to be the BEST function ever added to ComicRack in my opinion

I know i'm being dense as a rock, but what is the use case for this? I can't find a good usage for it. I also keep my comics sorted by published, so i guess no other criteria will work with it in any meaningful way. How are people using this?

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28939

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I'll look into this.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28943

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
forkicks wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:

I know i'm being dense as a rock, but what is the use case for this? I can't find a good usage for it. I also keep my comics sorted by published, so i guess no other criteria will work with it in any meaningful way. How are people using this?

fK

Here's how i use it

Grouping Criteria: [Publisher] - [Imprint] (For Example: "DC Comics - DC" are separated from "DC Comics - Vertigo")
Stacking Criteria: [Series] - [Volume] (For Example: "The Invisibles - V1994", "The Invisibles - V1997" and "The Invisibles - V1999" are separate stacks)
Then Sort Order by Series gives me the perfect overview

but that's subjective

there are a millions of ways to use this so you have don't have to dig into a large list to find what you are looking for
for instance when i'm making sure formats are set correctly i add "Format" as a third factor on the stack criteria
this way any of the same volume with the wrong format will seperate from the stack

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.159 released 4 years 10 months ago #28944

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
In theory they should be sorted exactly in the order as specified (and displayed in the group header).

But currently there are problems with some groupers (e.g. Volume) that will dominate other ones in the group. I'll rewrite that for the next release.

I noticed that you can not reverse group things if you have more then one criteria too, for example:
Series/Volume will show as expected but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the volume in reverse so the newer volumes show first like you can with single grouping.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Madmatx.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Who's Online

We have 321 guests and 4 members online