Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.160 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29111

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
600WPMPO wrote:
AddedToLibrary is already in the catalog tab, just needs to be ported over to the regulars!

My bad, i mostly use the other panel for the data i keep. Using that for the 0day list would work, no?

fK
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29112

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
forkicks wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
AddedToLibrary is already in the catalog tab, just needs to be ported over to the regulars!

My bad, i mostly use the other panel for the data i keep. Using that for the 0day list would work, no?

fK
No, that field is surprisingly not available for regular comics...:-(
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29114

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
This discussion is naturally one release too late, but better now than never.

AddedToLibrary is the date you added the comic to the database. This is handled automatically for eComics and can be edited for fileless entries (because in this context the library is some bookshelf somewhere).

After also thinking a little into this, I come to the following conclusions.

* Adding Day to published Date makes absolutely no sense
* There should be a new field "Released Date"

Your opinions. I want to get this right in .161 :)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by cYo.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29115

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:

It does, but not having that information available from the scraper will make it manual and much less useful than it could actually be, for all of us with OCD .
cYo wrote:

Yes. And to avoid having a script "Copy AddedToLibrary to ReleasedDate" immediatly appear, it should be initialized with the same (current) date. This would make it right for all the newly added releases.

fK

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29116

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
What is the sense of the Day field? If I open my books, they specify for published only Month/Year. And as 600 noted, this is usually not the same date it is released (because of shelf life).

So there are two scenarios:
* Use the Published field as intended, then the Day field makes no sense.
* Use the Published field as a Released Date field (the date they put the book into the store) it also makes no sense because in this case you SHOULD use the new Released Date field.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29118

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cYo wrote:
After also thinking a little into this, I come to the following conclusions.

Your opinions. I want to get this right in .161 :)
I agree.

The Released Date field is what's actually needed. This would work best as a drop down menu like the added/purchased field.

cYo wrote:
What is the sense of the Day field? If I open my books, they specify for published only Month/Year. And as 600 noted, this is usually not the same date it is released (because of shelf life).

So there are two scenarios:
* Use the Published field as intended, then the Day field makes no sense.
* Use the Published field as a Released Date field (the date they put the book into the store) it also makes no sense because in this case you SHOULD use the new Released Date field.
Remove the Day field & replace this with the Released date field.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29119

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm in for the Released Date too, and i won't shed a tear for the day field on published. I was thinking about some older comics that have a published date with day, but those could just be some imported books i have, and the date is not exactly the original published, rather the translation or second printing. (and i didn't find any quickly looking around either, so i may be wrong).

As long as the released date is sortable AND used to distinguish books when looking for duplicates, i'm sold.

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by forkicks.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29120

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I think the "Day" field should stay as it is in released version .160 for all future releases. There are comics/books out there (though maybe not many) that do include day as well as the month and year on both/either the cover and/or the indicia.

Once I noticed the "Day" field in the .160 release, I also instantly thought that having a separate "Released Date" would be great to have because there are the occasions when the cover/indicia date differ from the release date. So I think having both the "Day" field and a "Release Date" field would make me happy.

Lastly, I would also like it if the "Added/Purchased" field for fileless entries were also available to edit for entries related to actual files. I say this because even digital eComics/eBooks could have a particular purchased date that a user may want to track and thus update/change from the date that gets auto-populated by the app.

With all those points taken into account I'd be extra pleased with the next release. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by oraclexview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edtion

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29124

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
My previous report about sorting being wrong was really about grouping, rather than sorting. Sorting by published works fine, grouping by published tho, gives a wrong order.

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by 600WPMPO. Reason: Corrected release version

Re: ComicRack 0.9.160 released 4 years 9 months ago #29125

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
@cYo: There's one more thing I thought I'd ask for while you're in a seemingly extra generous feature tweaking mode. :P

On the "Summary" tab when looking at a book's info dialog you have the web URL link from the "Web" field. In CRA, if you separate multiple links with a space, it displays them as separate links. However, in CRW, even with spaces the entire field entry is treated as one URL, instead of multiple URLs. Thus, could you change the behavior of this "Summary" tab web link in CRW to match that of the way it works in CRA?

Thanks!
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and 2 members online