Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58 4 years 7 months ago #31589

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Just Bill wrote:
Is the Comic Vine site stable now? Will the scraper be able to get all information properly once they are done or will it require a new version of the scraper?
The ComicVine site (the API, actually) is not totally stable yet. They've fixed a lot of bugs, but I'm told they are making a few more changes "this week" (I was kind of hoping for "today", but it doesn't seem to have happened yet.)

The current version of the scraper (1.0.58) still works well enough, but it misses some important data (dates, story arcs, creator details, etc). This is not going to fix itself, unfortunately, so eventually you'll need to get a newer version of the scraper. It will be ready soon. Basically I'm just waiting on those extra changes that one of the ComicVine developers told me he's about to make.

If you want to keep scraping with 1.0.58, that should be OK because the scraper "remembers" which ComicVine series/issue you chose for each book, so you won't have to manually choose them again. You can just "rescrape" those comics when the new scraper (1.0.59) becomes available. It should automatically pick up all the missing data without any extra work on your part.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devonrex, 600WPMPO, Just Bill, alext41, docdoom

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58 4 years 7 months ago #31681

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Hi guys, a new version of Comic Vine Scraper is now available.

I've started a new thread for it.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Who's Online

We have 252 guests and 8 members online