Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29504

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
BTW, Comic Vine Scraper still need German and Polish translations for 6 short phrases.

See this posting if you can help out.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 8 months ago #29569

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
I've just released Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.55, which is a minor update that adds missing translations for the Italian and German language packs.

There have only been a couple bugs reported in the last two weeks, and they're all fixed now, so I'm declaring version 1.0.55 to be a STABLE release of Comic Vine Scraper. If anyone has been waiting for a new stable release, your wait is over.

(Actually, version 1.0.54 is stable, too, it just doesn't have the complete language packs for Italian and German. If you aren't using those languages, there's no particular reason to upgrade from 1.0.54 to 1.0.55.)

Happy Scraping! :lol:
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by cbanack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 8 months ago #29772

• Karvajalka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello,

First of all, showing the correct cover page in the series selection dialog is superb feature.

I have bit mixed feelings about the new way the CVS decides which comics belong into the same series. Looks like both, file and folder name are considered (previously only the file name). This works well when I have large amount of comics divided in separate folders by volume. However I am a lot more often in situation where I have several comics of same series and volume in separate folders. In this case I have to click "OK" for every single issue...
So, while waiting the image matching, would it be possible to make the folder part of the series detection logic optional? I kinda like both ways, but the old one worked more often for me.

Oh, "c2c" probably should never be considered as part of the series name. It's been few times lately that CVS thought "xyz #001.cbz" and "xyz #002 c2c.cbz" are different series... If you are on it, "TPB" should go through the same treatment. It's almost the same with "digital", but I don't dare to say "never" about it...

And lastly: If current version is stable, it's probably time to change the link in this thread:
comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/9...updated-july-15-2012
To point here... It was bit difficult to find this one.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 8 months ago #29774

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Karvajalka wrote:
And lastly: If current version is stable, it's probably time to change the link in this thread:

The Download link always points to the current version on the Google Project Hosting website, so that's not an issue.

Corey's not a mod on this forum though and since the old thread was locked maybe a mod should change the forum thread link to this one so since this one's not locked on him?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 8 months ago #29775

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Karvajalka wrote:
First of all, showing the correct cover page in the series selection dialog is superb feature.
Good to hear. :) People have been asking for that one almost since the very first version of the scraper, but it's only recently that changes to the ComicVine API made it possible for me to implement it.
I have bit mixed feelings about the new way the CVS decides which comics belong into the same series. ... So, while waiting the image matching, would it be possible to make the folder part of the series detection logic optional?
Yes, there already is an option in the Advanced Settings for that. Just add the line:
IGNORE_FOLDERS = TRUE
to the Advanced Settings text area in the settings dialog.
Oh, "c2c" probably should never be considered as part of the series name. It's been few times lately that CVS thought "xyz #001.cbz" and "xyz #002 c2c.cbz" are different series... If you are on it, "TPB" should go through the same treatment.
Hmm...it may be that you are just running into the 'folders' problem you described above, as the scraper should already ignore things like that when it can. I'll double check to make sure, though.
Ah yes, as Madmatx said, I am not a moderator so I can't do that. I'm sure now that you've mentioned it, one of the mods around here will update it.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 8 months ago #29777

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Madmatx wrote:
Karvajalka wrote:

The Download link always points to the current version on the Google Project Hosting website, so that's not an issue.

Corey's not a mod on this forum though and since the old thread was locked maybe a mod should change the forum thread link to this one so since this one's not locked on him?
I've now updated the link in the index. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 7 months ago #30485

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I was a couple versions behind, just wanted to drop a thanks for the "current cover" feature... that is really cool.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 7 months ago #30489

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
James Spaceman wrote:
I was a couple versions behind, just wanted to drop a thanks for the "current cover" feature... that is really cool.
You're welcome! I'm glad it seems to be working well for people.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 7 months ago #30701

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
"Warrior Publications" (Hero Premiere Edition scrape) auto remaps itself to be an imprint of itself. :P

I checked both my custom settings and the imprint.cy, but I don't see anything that would cause this.

My non-custom imprint.cy:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Scraper remaps:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Casublett.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-55 4 years 7 months ago #30703

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Casublett wrote:
"Warrior Publications" (Hero Premiere Edition scrape) auto remaps itself to be an imprint of itself. :P

Ah yes I see what you mean. How strange! Thanks for the bug report. I'm gonna do a small bug fix release soon, so I'll try figure out what's going on get this fixed up for that.
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Who's Online

We have 182 guests and 6 members online