Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53-58 4 years 9 months ago #29196

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.58 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version is identical to 1.0.57, except that it contains a fix for bug 284.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.57 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

The Comic Vine web API (the database where Comic Vine Scraper gets its data) was updated on March 26 and the resulting changes have broken ALL previous versions of Comic Vine Scraper. This latest release fixes Comic Vine Scraper so that it once again works properly with the new web API (see issue 283).

All users who wish to continue using Comic Vine Scraper must upgrade to version 1.0.57. Please remember, however, that this is a unstable release. It is likely to contain bugs; users who really hate bugs should consider waiting a few days until a stable release becomes available.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.56 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version is identical to 1.0.55, except that it contains fixes for bugs 278 and 279.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.55 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version is identical to 1.0.54, except that it also contains updates for the it (Italian) and de (German) language packs. Thanks, rmagere and Faba! :) We still need an update for the pl (Polish) language pack, if anyone can help with that.

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.54 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version is identical to 1.0.53, except that it also contains fixes for bugs 269 and 270 and updates for the pt-BR (Portuguese/Brazil), fr (French), and nl-BE (Dutch/Belgium) language packs. Thanks Knight Rider, {Oo}, and Ludwig! :)

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 is now available for download from the Comic Vine Scraper website.

This version contains fixes for bugs 253, 256, 258, 261, 263, 264, and 267. It also contains some new features (issues 56, 255, 257, and 266) which are described in more detail below.

Note that you will need ComicRack 0.9.160 or higher to use this version of Comic Vine Scraper.

What's new in version 1.0.53?

- when possible, the scraper now shows the cover art for the issue being scraped when you are choosing a series. Thanks to ComicVine for finally providing the API mechanism needed to implement this very commonly requested feature. :)

- there is a now a link called "more covers" that you must click on to start searching for an issue's alternate covers.

- ComicRack's new 'day' field can now be scraped.

- you can now change the names of scraped publishers by adding lines to the Advanced Settings field. See PUBLISHER_ALIAS in the advanced settings for a full description.

- you can now define your own imprints by adding lines to the Advanced Settings field. See IMPRINT in the advanced settings for a full description.

- the scraper now treats comics that appear in different folders on your hard drive as though they belong to different series, even if they have the same name. This should help prevent some of the problems people have been having when they scrape different, identically-named volumes.

- the text in the "Issues" window now contains more information about the series that you're looking at; you can see the series name, as well as the publisher and volume year.

- some new imprints have been added (thanks to user Casublett!)

There are only a few english words in 1.0.53 that need to be translated into other languages. I'll make a list of them and post them here, so hopefully we can get all the language packs up-to-date for the upcoming stable release.

As always, if you find any bugs in this release please report them in the issue tracker. You can log into it with your google/gmail account. Or if you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem (or any other feedback or questions) in this forum thread.

Happy Scraping! :)
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by cbanack.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu, 600WPMPO, Evilosity, Edtion, Madmatx, Casublett, wolverine68, WraithTDK

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 9 months ago #29197

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
You added a few things I suggested, thx soooooooooooo much!

EDIT: I'm not able to complete a download at the moment, just to let ya know in case it's on your side.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Casublett.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 9 months ago #29199

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@Casublett: Thanks for the heads up, but I just downloaded it from the scraper website, no problems. Have things resolved on your end?
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 9 months ago #29200

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Nope, must be on my side, I'll try to reset my net and report back :P

EDIT: Downloaded fine after that, so all is well!

So far the Publisher Alias works like a charm and I love it!

Here are a few I'm using for those interested, I'll add more as I add to the list as long as peeps are interested.

PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Andrews And Mcmeel => Andrews McMeel
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Ec => EC Comics
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Fantaco Enterprises => FantaCo Enterprises
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=G & T Enterprises => G&T Enterprises
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited => Marvel Digital
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=self published => Self Published
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Simon And Schuster => Simon & Schuster
PUBLISHER_ALIAS=Western Publishing. => Western Publishing

IMPRINT=Atlas => Marvel
IMPRINT=Male Publishing Corp. => Marvel
IMPRINT=Timely => Marvel
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Casublett.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 9 months ago #29204

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Cory, so many thanks... Again.

I am in the proccess of finally scraping the CMC and this will surely improve my experience :) . I was wondering if the API changes have also resulted in improved performance somehow... just curious, I lost track of the details of the script long ago and stopped following the API...

Thanks.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29208

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Thanks Cory!

Finally cover for the number being scraped! -I suggested that- /victorydance!

Nice upgrade all around. Will thoroughly test it during the weekend.

fK

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29211

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
This looks great! :-)

+1 karma to our consistently cool cory!! ;-)

Can't wait to test it (I'm out on a vacation till Sunday. Will get to my PC when I return & report back here.

p.s. I think I'll now lock the previous CVS thread & make this new one the sticky for further discussion.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29221

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
perezmu wrote:
I was wondering if the API changes have also resulted in improved performance somehow... just curious, I lost track of the details of the script long ago and stopped following the API...
I don't think the API changes affected performance much, though I have made a few changes of my own that will cause the scraper to put a less heavy load on the Comic Vine servers. So once a lot of people switch to 1.0.53 you might start to see things run slightly faster.

To be honest, I think ComicVine just changed the API to suit their own needs, and luckily the change was just what I needed too. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29243

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Quick preview of the cover is the one feature I've been waiting for.
Thank you :)

Next step: Something for long winter nights

hehe
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by cYo.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.53 4 years 8 months ago #29244

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
heh..that pdf is named "wang"
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds