Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.164-165 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31564

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Again, you're running into Windows bugs today.

This happens only if you run the App fullscreen and the tooltip has no space BELOW the mouse cursor. So if the cursor is in the way, the tooltip gets hidden by the system again. And then it gets shown again and so on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31566

Is there/can we have a way to disable "summary ranges" in grouping/stacking? For instance, I'm setting a number of custom values based on a folder number and then listing the book's position within that folder (for instance, folder 150, position 2). I made a custom value for the folder number but when I try to group by it, it clumps all folders into "0-9". I noticed the same thing happens with grouping by ratings, I'd like to see a group for each 0.1 value but it summarizes them.

I see the idea for this, but it would be great if we could modify this on/off for each lists'/folders' view settings

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31568

• Dhevi
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo, I cannot thank you enough for the time you have put into this application. Glad to have purchased the Android App version as well. The prior complication I was experiencing with the Automation option being non-existent has been corrected after installing 0.9.165. Thank you.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31574

• Fog
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!

Seeing that we need to edit ComicRack.ini to provide the connection string to the database...
What happens to those with Configurations?

Do the xml DBs get merged?

Or is there a way to separate connection strings depending on the configuration name?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Fog.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31575

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Fog wrote:
Hi!

Seeing that we need to edit ComicRack.ini to provide the connection string to the database...
What happens to those with Configurations?

Do the xml DBs get merged?

Or is there a way to separate connection strings depending on the configuration name?

On first run after setting the database on the .ini, the .xml database will be migrated to the database you specify. Note that only the book information is sent, all list definitions is still kept local on the xml.

fK
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fog

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31576

• cYo
you can put different comicrack.ini files in different configurations. So you can specify different SQL databases depending on the configuration you're using with the -ac command line switch.

ComicRack.ini files are read in the order Install/AppData/AlternateConfig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fog

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31578

• Fog
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks... thats what I needed :D

I knew about Configurations and the -ac cmd but not that the ComicRack.ini file could be put in the Configuration folder

Thanks again.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31579

• cYo
It could not till .164. Because I ran into the same problem like you during development :)

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164-165 released 4 years 6 months ago #31597

• Dancer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
so far so good. have some ideas about the custom database but not sure yet how to use it. Have to check the wiki. Thanks a ton.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.164 released 4 years 6 months ago #31652

• Karvajalka
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
cYo wrote:
you can put different comicrack.ini files in different configurations. So you can specify different SQL databases depending on the configuration you're using with the -ac command line switch.

ComicRack.ini files are read in the order Install/AppData/AlternateConfig.

I tested this, but couldn't get it working properly. Putting comicrack.ini in installation dir or ...\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack folder works fine. But if I drop it in ...\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Configurations\Manga I don't get connection to MySQL database working. CR just uses the ComicDb.xml from that folder. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64bit. And I have this as target in my startup icon:
"C:\Program Files\ComicRack\ComicRack.exe" -cp D:\ComicRack\Caches\Manga -ac Manga

And a question: After I put all my comic info into MySQL, is there a way to rebuild the ComicsDB.xml file and stop using SQL? CR's own backup feature seems to simply copy the ComicsDB.xml and that does not much good while most of the data is not there anymore...
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and 7 members online