Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32885

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
well i still have to get all my pulls from 6 different digital stores, convert the files from their various formats to cbz, etc... there's still lots of work to be done
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32887

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cbanack wrote:
There are some problems with the ComicVine API right now, which means the scraper currently isn't working. The problem should be sorted out in the next 12 hours. See here for more:

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3...e-scraper-down#32879
Thanks for the heads up buddy!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32888

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
He's just getting a jump on the complaints :D New comic day and comicvine down... that mean scraper not working, that means a rush of people coming to find out why... It's a good thing he jumped in before the influx of users coming to find out why its not working :D

But yes thanks for the heads up! I hadn't even started trying to scrape yet today, but its good to know that its not working before i start!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by T3KN0Gh057.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32892

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
well i still have to get all my pulls from 6 different digital stores, convert the files from their various formats to cbz, etc... there's still lots of work to be done

just curious... what are the six sites that you use and what are the formats, are they DRM free?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32894

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
of course there aren't DRM free, and what i'm doing is probably frown upon by the companies that i'm buying them from..., but i paid for them and what i do with data that I pay for is my right as long as I'm not distributing it...

Comixology, comicav.com (Avatar Press), digital.darkhorse.com, antarctic-press.com, readdcentertainment.com (really just a frontend for comixology but i like that its just DC titles), and comicstore.marvel.com

pdf mostly but comixology is weird you have to use their app for reading (and i hate it), so you have to be sneaky/tricky about getting the actual files (hint: developer mode on android) and there's not a DRM alive that's going to stay secure... as long as there are people making sexurity protocols there's going to be someone who will make it their priority to defeat it...

Edit: oooh sexurity? fruedian slip! HAhaha hear that Comic companies? keep closing your legs and we'll try even harder to penetrate you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32899

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I wish I'd known about your Comixology trick (edit: not that I can figure it out :( )before going to all the trouble of setting up a debugging caching web proxy with MitM capabilities.

Incidentally, where is the Antarctic Press digital sales site? I only seem to see physical sales.

I see you didn't mention DriveThruComics which are pretty good about DRM.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kirtai.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32900

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
Kirtai wrote:
I wish I'd known about your Comixology trick (edit: not that I can figure it out :( )before going to all the trouble of setting up a debugging caching web proxy with MitM capabilities.

Its exactly the same thing Its basically putting up a net that catches any incoming traffic by routing it through a proxy. I guess it would have been easier to do on a PC and maybe i should have researched if there was a way to do it before finding my own method, but i was looking for something to do with Android since this was my first time owning an android device. I like to get right under the hood and take things apart as soon as i get something. It's a bit obsessive.

Incidentally, where is the Antarctic Press digital sales site? I only seem to see physical sales.
I don't actually buy digital from there (Antarctic Press doesn't do digital as far as i've seen) I buy the actual comics (and then i *talking out the side of my mouth* iratepay the issuesyay until i can anscay my ownyay). I'm

I see you didn't mention DriveThruComics which are pretty good about DRM.[/quote]

Going to have to check them out, never heard of them (only actually started buying digital comics in the last year, I've mostly been scanning my own.But God that is so time consuming!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64 4 years 7 months ago #32902

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Hey guys, I've posted Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.64 on the Comic Vine Scraper website. The database connection error (and one other important bug that appeared this morning) are both fixed.

Enjoy! :laugh:
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by cbanack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forkicks, 600WPMPO, oraclexview, docdoom, Mammut, Kirtai

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-63 4 years 7 months ago #32907

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
I don't actually buy digital from there (Antarctic Press doesn't do digital as far as i've seen)
They do have the entire run of Gold Digger up in PDF form on their site. 1-50 of the B/W series and 1-149 of the colour one. For free no less. I do wish they'd sell their comics in digital form though.
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
I've mostly been scanning my own.But God that is so time consuming!
No kidding. I've been doing that with some old comics I have that don't seem to be available anywhere and it's taking ages. Silly me thought that black and white comics would be easiest not realising that they make every single tiny flaw stand out vividly.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Kirtai.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64 4 years 7 months ago #32911

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
cbanack wrote:
Hey guys, I've posted Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.64 on the Comic Vine Scraper website. The database connection error (and one other important bug that appeared this morning) are both fixed.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Thanks, Cory, for reacting so quickly. I appreciate that very much! :cheer:
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Who's Online

We have 242 guests and one member online