Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59 4 years 6 months ago #31718

  • cYo
  • cYo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3476
  • Thank you received: 675
  • Karma: 181
Try to uninstall and reinstall.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Just Bill

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59 4 years 6 months ago #31722

  • cbanack
  • cbanack's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1318
  • Thank you received: 503
  • Karma: 181
Kirtai wrote:
There seems to be a bug with scraping comics with story arcs

Caught AttributeError: 'results' object has no attribute 'arc_credits'

Added as issue 298 with full debug log
Thanks for this...I've uploaded version 1.0.60 that contains a fix for the problem.

Note that many comics with crossover/story arcs are not scraping correctly yet, so I think ComicVine is still working on that issue. But the problem you found was in my code, and it's been fixed now.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forkicks, Kirtai

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.60 4 years 6 months ago #31723

  • Freakeao
  • Freakeao's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 199
  • Thank you received: 25
  • Karma: 6
Just grabbed 1.0.60

Creator info is showing up fine now. But it cleared out CV story arc (Alternate series) on two comics that had them before.

www.comicvine.com/batman-incorporated-9-fallen-son/4000-395237/
www.comicvine.com/teen-titans-18-to-belle-and-back/4000-395307/

You said this seems to be on CV side of things. But just thought I'd report my experience.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59 4 years 6 months ago #31725

  • cbanack
  • cbanack's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1318
  • Thank you received: 503
  • Karma: 181
Madmatx wrote:
Something I never noticed before is they have the user ratings (which is what gets scraped) and "Comicvine rating" which is the rating from a staff reviewer... I think.

Is there a way to scrape that as well and maybe choose to have it put in the "My Rating" field?
The Comicvine rating is not available in the web API, so for now it can't be scraped (see my earlier comment). If the Comicvine rating ever does become available, though, I'm not sure "My Rating" would be the right place to put it, though--maybe a custom field like Mammut suggested.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59 4 years 6 months ago #31726

  • Kirtai
  • Kirtai's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 77
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 1
cbanack wrote:
Thanks for this...I've uploaded version 1.0.60 that contains a fix for the problem.
Thanks, it worked perfectly :)
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31727

  • cbanack
  • cbanack's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1318
  • Thank you received: 503
  • Karma: 181
Mammut wrote:
In example, is there any way to set a non-existing Imprint? I'm using "The New 52" Imprint on all New 52 DC series (like on Comixology). I can set it after the scraping with smart lists or with the Data Manager, but it would be great if it could be automatized with the Scraper.
and
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Pretty easy stuff and i was wondering if there was a way to set it so a comic doesn't apply certain fields if it finds a specific setting in Tag or Notes
These are both good ideas, but I think they belong in a separate script. :) I've got to limit the scope of the scraper (for my own sanity!) so I'm trying to just stay focused on scraping what's in ComicVine, and avoid "customizing" this data as it comes in. (Yeah, I know there are already some features that "customize" scraped data--but I'm not planning to add any more.)

The thing is, I get tons of requests to make the scraper modify/adjust/customize the scraped data in about as many different ways as you can imagine. That tells me that a general purpose "comic book data changer" script is useful idea...fortunately, there's a very good one that's already been written.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31728

  • Mammut
  • Mammut's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 196
  • Thank you received: 25
  • Karma: 7
Yeah, I'm using the Data Manager, thanks. :)

It was really just a question, I dind't know what we can or can't do. But with Casublett's examples I better understand the advanced settings now.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31729

  • Kirtai
  • Kirtai's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 77
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 1
cbanack wrote:
The thing is, I get tons of requests to make the scraper modify/adjust/customize the scraped data in about as many different ways as you can imagine. That tells me that a general purpose "comic book data changer" script is useful idea...fortunately, there's a very good one that's already been written.
I have to agree. I currently use the imprint remapping but it seems to me that that and other such things would be much better as pre-made templates for the data manager rather than cluttering up the scraper. It would also put all such mappings in one place rather than having some in the scraper and some in the data manager. We just need some more templates :)
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31730

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
Many thanks to cbanack for the latest updates! Everytime I see his work & dedication, I tell myself, "Now look! THAT'S called consistency. THAT'S called substance. Learn, learn, learn!" B)

With a lot of respect, a +1 karma to good old Cory! :-)
Kirtai wrote:
cbanack wrote:
The thing is, I get tons of requests to make the scraper modify/adjust/customize the scraped data in about as many different ways as you can imagine. That tells me that a general purpose "comic book data changer" script is useful idea...fortunately, there's a very good one that's already been written.
I have to agree. I currently use the imprint remapping but it seems to me that that and other such things would be much better as pre-made templates for the data manager rather than cluttering up the scraper. It would also put all such mappings in one place rather than having some in the scraper and some in the data manager. We just need some more templates :)
I agree. Don't get us wrong, cbanack, but it would be better if the customisations & remappings are best left to the data manager to deal with.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31731

  • T3KN0Gh057
  • T3KN0Gh057's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 407
  • Thank you received: 114
  • Karma: 27
600WPMPO wrote:
Many thanks to cbanack for the latest updates! Everytime I see his work & dedication, I tell myself, "Now look! THAT'S called consistency. THAT'S called substance. Learn, learn, learn!" B)

With a lot of respect, a +1 karma to good old Cory! :-)
Kirtai wrote:
cbanack wrote:
The thing is, I get tons of requests to make the scraper modify/adjust/customize the scraped data in about as many different ways as you can imagine. That tells me that a general purpose "comic book data changer" script is useful idea...fortunately, there's a very good one that's already been written.
I have to agree. I currently use the imprint remapping but it seems to me that that and other such things would be much better as pre-made templates for the data manager rather than cluttering up the scraper. It would also put all such mappings in one place rather than having some in the scraper and some in the data manager. We just need some more templates :)
I agree. Don't get us wrong, cbanack, but it would be better if the customisations & remappings are best left to the data manager to deal with.

Some of have never used the Data Manager before. Having had it just pointed out to me I'm only now checking it out. So far i don't like it, but that's probably cause i have no idea what i'm doing :D
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Who's Online

We have 211 guests and 10 members online