Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31732

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
Glad to hear that my Data Manager is actually in use and helps organizing some libraries. A next release is in development with some fixes and more features. After that I plan to build a GUI which will make it much easier to build the rules. But I absolutely agree that more templates would be very, very useful. And, of course, these templates can be imported even in a future GUI version.

Question is: shall I open a seperate thread for Data Manager templates here at the forum?

@Cory: I cannot thank you enough for your hard work after the CV migration. It is incredible how fast you were able to make your code compatible with the new CV API! You are my superhero. Donation and Karma soon on the way.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31733

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
600WPMPO wrote:
Many thanks to cbanack for the latest updates! Everytime I see his work & dedication, I tell myself, "Now look! THAT'S called consistency. THAT'S called substance. Learn, learn, learn!" B)
Heh heh thanks! :blush:
I agree. Don't get us wrong, cbanack, but it would be better if the customisations & remappings are best left to the data manager to deal with.
I couldn't agree more. If each script writer stays focused, the overall system is better for everyone.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31734

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Some of have never used the Data Manager before. Having had it just pointed out to me I'm only now checking it out. So far i don't like it, but that's probably cause i have no idea what i'm doing :D
The data manager is an excellent script if you have your goals well-defined. Try out the sample dat file from the script's project page.

p.s. And let us talk about the dataman script in its own thread, before cbanack spots us chatting about anything other than the scraper & starts hulk-smashing us! :laugh:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31735

• T3KN0Gh057
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
600WPMPO wrote:
T3KN0Gh057 wrote:
Some of have never used the Data Manager before. Having had it just pointed out to me I'm only now checking it out. So far i don't like it, but that's probably cause i have no idea what i'm doing :D
The data manager is an excellent script if you have your goals well-defined. Try out the sample dat file from the script's project page.

p.s. And let us talk about the dataman script in its own thread, before cbanack spots us chatting about anything other than the scraper & starts hulk-smashing us! :laugh:

Well, HE STARTED IT!!!!!

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31736

• 600WPMPO
And, by the way, you two superheroes, cbanack & docdoom, I think you need to advertise each other's scripts on your project pages. ;-)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31737

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
HULK SMASH PUNY LINK HIJACKERS!!! :lol:

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31738

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
And, by the way, you two superheroes, cbanack & docdoom, I think you need to advertise each other's scripts on your project pages. ;-)
I think he already does mention me. I should do the same. I've been meaning to change that page up a bit anyway...

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31740

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
cbanack wrote:

Victor von Doom is not afraid, he will smash Hulk AND Reed Richards (after he's finished with Thanos). Hail, Latveria!
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31741

• 600WPMPO
cbanack wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Victor von Doom is not afraid, he will smash Hulk AND Reed Richards (after he's finished with Thanos). Hail, Latveria!
Billy Butcher is here to kill all ya f***ing supes! :evil:

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31742

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Billy Butcher is here to kill all ya f***ing supes! :evil:

Beware: I've sent some Skrulls after you. You're not safe anymore... :evil: :evil:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 7 members online