Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-64

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31930

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have a feature request. Would it be possible to store the volume ID somewhere in the metadata in addition to the issue ID?

The reason being, I've run into a couple of cases where there are more than one series with the same name and year and it's a pain separating them. I currently use a smartlist with a list of "Notes contains <issue id>" but that's unwieldy for ongoing or long series. Being able to match on volume ID would be much simpler.

Of course, if someone else has a better idea, I'd like to hear that too :)

Here's a couple of examples:

The Tenth v1 & The Tenth v2 - both "The Tenth v1997"
Saga (issues) & Saga (TPB) - both "Saga v2012"
The topic has been locked.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31931

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Kirtai wrote:
The reason being, I've run into a couple of cases where there are more than one series with the same name and year and it's a pain separating them.

Of course, if someone else has a better idea, I'd like to hear that too :)
Perhaps you could add an extra tag or note to all the issues of whichever volume is now finished (I assume if there are two identically named volumes that started in the same year, one must be finished?) Or maybe they already have a distinguishing field, like publisher? Or maybe all of the issues for one volume happened before a certain date, and all the others happened after?

At some point in the future (not immediately) when I'm adding new features to the scraper, I'm planning to scrape the ComicVine issue ID into a custom data field. The ComicVine volume ID could be useful there as well. However, I'm not planning add new features right away--I've put off too many other things in the last two weeks, I have to go back to a slower development schedule once the scraper is stable again!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31933

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Kirtai: Format field maybe? Mini-sereis vs Main Series and Main Series vs TPB?

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31934

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
Alas both of The Tenth are finished mini series. In this case splitting by date looks like it'll work but I anticipate finding more like this and would like a simple, elegant solution.

For Saga, setting the format would work but even there the volume ID would help so I could use the data manager to "set all in volume 52845 to TPB". (See my automation rant in the data manager thread for my opinion of doing it by hand ;) :laugh: )

There's no rush though, it's just a minor annoyance.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31936

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
@kirtai: I've posted my solution for the problem in the Data Manager thread here
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by docdoom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirtai

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31937

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
docdoom wrote:
@kirtai: I've posted my solution for the problem in the Data Manager thread here

Thank you, that'll help with ones like The Tenth :)

For the TPB series just I'll make individual rules marking them due to their overlapping dates until I can select by volume ID.

By the way, I have to say that both the scraper and data manager are amazing tools and I deeply appreciate the all work you've both done with them. Together with Library Organiser and ComicRack itself they've vastly simplified my comic management. Thank you

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31938

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Hey guys, I just put Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.62 up. Basically, I added a some more defensive coding tricks in there to make it even more tolerant when the ComicVine API has errors.

Give it a try, and let me know if that "Cannot Access Database" problem is any better now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docdoom

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31939

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks a lot! Will give it a try as soon as the library organizer has done his duty with all the books that had waited for scraping over the last days.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31940

• jetsman
  • Junior Boarder
I'm still getting the database connection error.It seems to happen at random times too.....sometimes I can scan 200-300 books ....and other times it's around twenty.I get it often when rescraping books.

Using 1.0.62 version.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by jetsman.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.59-60 4 years 6 months ago #31949

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
Done a lot of scraping with .162 today and the number of (visible) timeouts has decreased very much. Only very few and sporadic timeouts. I can live with that.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 6 members online