Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 1 year 1 week ago #46520

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Just uninstall and re-install the scraper. I've had the same problem occasionally.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by cbanack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 1 year 6 days ago #46531

Hi guys,
This may well be a problem on my end and if so my apologizes for bothering you but I also wondered if it could be because on ComicVines update to combine with Gamespot.
For the last couple of days whenever I try to use ComicVine Scraper I get the following error message:-

"The Comic Vine online database could not be reached. This may be due to a temporary technical error with the database, or there may be a problem with your internet connection.
Please try again later."

Now it may well be something to do with my internet connection as it (and my laptop) are playing up lately but as I said I'm also wondering if it could be the changes to Comic Vine. Thanks in advance for any help anybody is able to provide

Comic Vine Scraper 1 year 4 days ago #46541

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it must be something with your internet connection/connectivity. If the Comic Vine Scraper servers were down or not working in some way, there would be a lot more people talking about it in this forum thread.

Plus, I just tried it out and the scraper is working ok for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_darkknight

Comic Vine Scraper 1 year 4 days ago #46543

Thanks cbanack,
I was worried it might be something at my end as my internet service seems to have a habit of running slowly lately but I thought it was only when a lot of the family were trying to download stuff. Moving in 4 weeks so can't wait to get a better internet conection

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46730

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

What is the file that saves Comicvine Scraper preferences (eg: your API key, advanced settings, etc)? And where is the path to this?

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46733

• pweasel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
the path should be C:\Users\~thisuser\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper

don;t know bout the specific file, tho, as the info is fragmented
CRW 0.9.178 x64 on Win10
CRA 1.80 on Nexus 10

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46735

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I am not sure of the scraper configuration being stored there... as my last modified file in that folder is from 10 years ago, and I have changed comicvine configuration A LOT these last days...
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Xelloss.

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46736

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
pweasel wrote:
the path should be C:\Users\~thisuser\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper

don;t know bout the specific file, tho, as the info is fragmented
Yeah it doesn't appear to be in there as I copied that entire folder to a different computer and the fields are all blank

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46737

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Edited to remove bad information. Sorry cbanack. :blush:

\%appdata%\Comic Vine Scraper\ is a shortcut to the location cbanack points to in the post below. It might or might not work for your particular situation, depending on Windows.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by boshuda.

Comic Vine Scraper 10 months 4 weeks ago #46741

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
solidus0079 wrote:
Hi,

What is the file that saves Comicvine Scraper preferences (eg: your API key, advanced settings, etc)? And where is the path to this?

The location of the Scraper's settings files was moved around a bit in the early days (years ago) which is why there's still some confusion about where they are now stored (people who've used the Scraper for a long time might have very old versions of their settings still hanging around in one of the old locations).

Anyway, the files you're looking for are in your Application Data folder, which can be in a slightly different location depending on how old your Windows is. On my computer (Windows 10), the files are here:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Comic Vine Scraper\

The files in that folder:

settings.dat - the preferences you can adjust in the Settings Dialog while running the Scraper
advanced.dat - the contents of the Advanced Settings text box in the Scraper's Settings Dialog
geometry.dat - a record of the most recent location and size of various Scraper windows

Hopefully that helps.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by cbanack.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Who's Online

We have 293 guests and 5 members online