Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47365

  • Xelloss
  • Xelloss's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 455
  • Thank you received: 117
  • Karma: 24
jkthemac wrote:
Xelloss wrote:
All the same since I have been using my Autocomplete values script, only about of 10% of my comics scraps are done manually every week, so no complain there XD

I can second this. If you are using a weekly system to add to your database Xelloss's script performed before the scrape will mean hardly any books for which you previously have entries will ask for manual intervention, because it tells the scraper which volume to look for when the option 'use your previous choice' is ticked. It also has the benefit of reducing the load on Comicvine and speeding up your scrapes.

I have been finding some bugs with this script lately... comics that are recognised as the same volume and are not (1 every 100 in average). I will try to make some fixes and improvings about this when I have some time... D:

Just be careful when you use it, it is not 100% accurate as I thought it was... (for example Monster Unleashed Series comics are recognised in my library as part of the limited series one...). For this cases, clear all the data from them and just scrap them manually from 0 (be sure to delete al custom data), after it is scrapped, you can use the script again and it will work correctly once scrapped (comicvine scraped comics are 100% accurate always)
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47366

  • boshuda
  • boshuda's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 65
  • Karma: 8
Drybonz wrote:
Hey guys... is there a fix for the comic cover not showing for the current comic you are scraping?
I think it's related to whether not ComicRack itself has generated that image. If it hasn't generated one then the scraper doesn't have anything to display. Like when you've cleared the data, but haven't forced CR to generate a new one. So, if your view shows thumbnails of the images that should create the image that the scraper uses.

BTW, it's the ComicVine Scraper. One 'p'. It's not a scrapper with two 'p's. That kind of implies it likes to fight or get rid of comic data :). It 'scrapes' the data, like scraping off paint or a sticker.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by boshuda.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47367

  • Xelloss
  • Xelloss's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 455
  • Thank you received: 117
  • Karma: 24
boshuda wrote:
BTW, it's the ComicVine Scraper. One 'p'. It's not a scrapper with two 'p's. That kind of implies it likes to fight or get rid of comic data :). It 'scrapes' the data, like scraping off paint or a sticker.

Sorry, I speak Spanish and I didn't know the Englsh verb Scrap or Scrapp :P

good to know where the script name comes from!

p.s.: I should take English classes... my last one was about 15 years ago D:
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47373

  • boshuda
  • boshuda's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 65
  • Karma: 8
You're not the only one, and your English is fine. Much better than my Spanish (or any other language). Just one of those things that stands out to me whenever I see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47388

  • Drybonz
  • Drybonz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
boshuda wrote:
Drybonz wrote:
Hey guys... is there a fix for the comic cover not showing for the current comic you are scraping?
I think it's related to whether not ComicRack itself has generated that image. If it hasn't generated one then the scraper doesn't have anything to display. Like when you've cleared the data, but haven't forced CR to generate a new one. So, if your view shows thumbnails of the images that should create the image that the scraper uses.

The thumbnails are visible in the ComicRack browser but occasionally will not show in the scraper window... so you can't tell what book you are currently scraping... it also doesn't show the book title in that window when this happens... does not appear to be related to the thumbnail not being generated.

Also... I haven't been able to connect to Comic Vine for most of the day... you guys getting the same thing? Just wondering if it's me, or the scraper, or Comic Vine having the problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 3 weeks ago #47389

  • Dj2da3
  • Dj2da3's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Hey there,

I will just go to introduce myself then, but i had the same issue last week after scrapping a lot ... When i had i cancel the scrape, free my memorry, then rescrape and i had it.

Hope it could help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 2 weeks ago #47392

  • Drybonz
  • Drybonz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
From what I have seen, if I cancel and retry it, it's still blank.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 2 weeks ago #47432

  • Crazher
  • Crazher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: 1
Cbanack, first off, thank you so much! Like many others I have been using this plugin for years, and I have scraped thousands of comics with it.

I had not realized you were still actively watching this thread, otherwise I may have suggested this a long time ago: When scraping, your plugin adds the year and the month, but not the day it was released. For many older comics this is irrelevant, but for the past decade or two there has been multiple issues out in the same month. Without knowing much about your code, I cannot imagine this would be too hard to implement? I hope you will consider it! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 2 weeks ago #47433

  • oraclexview
  • oraclexview's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • aka SoundWave
  • Posts: 906
  • Thank you received: 182
  • Karma: 37
Crazher wrote:
Cbanack, first off, thank you so much! Like many others I have been using this plugin for years, and I have scraped thousands of comics with it.

I had not realized you were still actively watching this thread, otherwise I may have suggested this a long time ago: When scraping, your plugin adds the year and the month, but not the day it was released. For many older comics this is irrelevant, but for the past decade or two there has been multiple issues out in the same month. Without knowing much about your code, I cannot imagine this would be too hard to implement? I hope you will consider it! :)

Actually the Scraper does pull in the day it was released as long as that information is available on the website. Thus, if you notice that that information is missing from a book and you know what that date should be it would be great if you could log into the site and add that missing info.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 6 months 2 weeks ago #47434

  • Crazher
  • Crazher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: 1
Hmm... I have checked a lot of my scraped comics, and none of them have the day. I have verified that the day exists on ComicVine, so I do not see where the issue would be there. Was it added in a recent update perhaps? Because I honestly do not think I have updated in the past 6-12 months. Gonna try updating and checking that out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Who's Online

We have 275 guests and 5 members online