Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48586

• Jothay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Superman #35 is CVDB638579 for those that need the manual rescrape
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48588

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
beardyandy wrote:
rescraping manual trick ??

Manually put in the cvdb number and then rescraoe to get the rest of the information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: solidus0079, beardyandy

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48595

• Matdotnet
  • Fresh Boarder
Last night I tried to tunnel only ComicRack through a VPN on Windows 10 using split tunneling. But, ComicRack is the not the process doing the web request, it is passed through the system APIs. So, I redid the test with all the traffic going through the tunnel and it did resolve the problem. Hopefully there are some kind of reset on ComicVine’s side to remove my ISP IP range ban. Fingers crossed

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48598

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
krandor wrote:
beardyandy wrote:
rescraping manual trick ??

Manually put in the cvdb number and then rescraoe to get the rest of the information.
Correct.

Just so he knows how, take the last set of numbers of URL of the issue comicvine.gamespot.com/superman-35-imper...world-of-flame/4000-638579/

Then add "CVDB" in front, and put it in "tags" of the issue. In this example CVDB638579

Then scrape the issue with the "When scraping, use previous choice" box ticked.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by solidus0079.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48599

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
cbanack wrote:
fieldhouse wrote:
solidus0079 wrote:
How can I get this guy some logs? I'm pretty technical so I can follow whatever instructions or ideas you might have.

I had tio dig to find it...

when you get the error message, press Ctrl-Shift-L. This will save an application log.

Yup, this.

The part that ComicVine might be interested in is the stack trace(s) at the very end of the log, which may tell them something about the error you are receiving. If you want me to help you identify the stack trace in your log, post it here or PM it to me.
Where does the log get saved? I didn't get a save dialog prompt, and there's nothing I can see in the CR folder or in local or roaming appdata.

I just had a scrape bomb out and Superman and Cyborg aren't in the list. It's some new releases mixed in with some ancient releases. And some of them are named in nonstandard ways requiring a bit of fiddling on my part.

Edit: Oh, it's not at the "error message" but at the summary (0 out of 200 scraped) message. I got the log, I'll see what it is.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 5 days ago #48600

• solidus0079
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, it's any of the issues in this volume bombed out before I fiddled with them.

comicvine.gamespot.com/transformers-best...ime-wars/4050-22882/

Originally the way these were named was "Time Wars 1.cbr", etc. The issues had very vague names.

So the series metadata was simply "Time Wars". Once i copied and pasted the series info "Transformers: Best of UK: Time Wars" into the details for the issues, they all scraped just fine.

Maybe this was the over 500 results problem they're talking about at CV's bug report forum. I imagine "time wars" has a lot of results. Here's my log in case it's of any value.
Attachments:

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 4 days ago #48611

• zandroid
  • Fresh Boarder
I saw that there was an issue with the newer Rebirth Cyborg (specifically #18). I had a similar problem with the older version of the comic. Specifically: comicvine.gamespot.com/cyborg/4050-83480/

I had issues #8 and #9 and neither seemed to recognize the files until I put in the CVDB number manually. I'm getting a database cannot be reached error, but it's definitely not an IP ban because I'm able to scrape other titles just fine.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by zandroid. Reason: Whoops. Put the CVDB number in the wrong place. Working now. Still can't scrape the two comics otherwise.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 3 days ago #48616

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
1st off, I apologize if my question has been answered at any point throughout this thread. I've made multiple attempts to back track through the comments to find my answer and I've been unsuccessful.

I have very poor results (success ratio) while trying to scrap comic data. It works periodically and only on certain titles. The response time is noticeably slower as well. When the scrapper stops it always responds with a prompt of "The Comic Vine online database could not be reached. This may be due to a temporary technical error with the database, or there may be a problem with your internet connection."

I've been using ComicRack and the scraper plugin for years. I generally use the scraper function on a weekly basis. I've been experiencing this on my end for a few weeks now. I assumed it may be temporary (as the prompt states) that's why I hadn't searched for a solution earlier.

I'm not fluent with the inner workings of the software or have a great deal of understanding of how these background tasks work. I'm more of a plug and play consumer. Do we have a solution or a patch for this?

I assume that it's something on the Comicvine end because I've not changed my software or plugins. I appreciate any comments or updates I just couldn't find my answer browsing the thread, thank you.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 3 days ago #48617

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
You must not have read the thread that carefully since all sorts of problems are going on lately...currently we are dealing with ComicVine banning IP addresses and certain search terms such as “superman” bombing out. There are attempts right now to work with the ComicVine folks, but the future is still unclear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Spaceman

Comic Vine Scraper 3 weeks 3 days ago #48618

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
RevQuixo wrote:
You must not have read the thread that carefully

Yes, as I stated, I had breezed through multiple pages of recent conversation. I appreciate your summary, you've basically touched on everything I've gathered from the current topics. Thank you.

I wasn't sure if I missed something, like a patch or plug in update link, or a work around. Thanks for your reply.
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Who's Online

We have 252 guests and 2 members online