Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 2 weeks ago #62467

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
Xelloss wrote:
Never knew you could do that, it makes totally sense I didn't concider it when doing the patch... so yes, it is quite possible I broke that XD

Personally if I want to manually choose a comic to scrap the data I complete de comicvine_issue in the custom fields with the correct id, I didn't know you could just search the url...

I could take a look at the code to fix this (It has passed some time since I made this fix for another time, but I think I can understand it again XD), but I was actually hoping for an official version with this bug fixed... mine was more a temporary solution...

With the spam issues on the forum (which seem to have gone away for know.. knock on wood) Cory may not be checking here much. Maybe somebody should make an issue on the github page?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 2 weeks ago #62468

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 187
cbanack wrote:
I'll try to figure out what's going on (and hopefully find a way to fix the problem).

github.com/cbanack/comic-vine-scraper/issues/460

He already knows :)

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 2 weeks ago #62469

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 561
Xelloss wrote:
He already knows :)

Indeed I do. :cheer:

Posting bug reports on the scraper's gitjub project remains the best/fastest way to make sure I see what you're saying. I also check this thread every once in a while, but I get e-mailed immediately whenever there is activity on the github project!

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 2 weeks ago #62470

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 561
Hey guys,

I've created a new version of Comic Vine Scraper (1.0.97).

It works better (and faster) with Comic Vine's recent API changes, so I recommend that everyone updates to this new version.

It can be found at the usual place.

If you're interested in more details about what's changed, check out the github issue.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere, Xelloss, Yhoogi, kino13, ghoti

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 1 week ago #62471

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
If somebody still wants my version of the results filter, use this patch (based in the last version, so install the last version and replace this file)

File Attachment:

File Name: cvdb-2-3-4.zip
File Size:9 KB

This version works similar to my last patch, but it includes the MAX_RESULTS as upper limit... (I changed the deafult to 1000 instead of 100 so it will work mostly as before without touching that value, but you can still change it)

As a result the script will stop downloading results when 1) the downloaded results are not "good enough" (my part of the algorithm) or 2) when the manual limit is reached... WHAT HAPPENS FIRST

I will test it a lot more when I arrive at home, but I will put this beta version here so that users can test it and give some feedback if they want :)

ps: I included all new features included in the script in the last versions (my last patch was outdated) and also some bug fixes as searching by url or id, which now works ok :)

Any feedback or problem, use this old topic: comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/4...ot-official?start=70 (ignore the last posts where the "problem" was fixed months ago) so that this topic continue being about the OFFICIAL script with no code changed
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere, Yhoogi, kino13, ghoti

Comic Vine Scraper 2 months 1 week ago #62476

• ghoti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thank you so much for all your hard work cbanack and Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Comic Vine Scraper 1 month 3 weeks ago #62483

I have a question regarding TPBs, but I guess it's maybe a Comic Vine problem and not with the scraper

If I scrape TPB, every book is it's own series, so for example "Batman: Court of Owls" is the series and the series only contains one book called "Volume One".
That's just super annoying to organise, as it would be way better if it's "Batman" as series (like the single issues) and the books title then might be Volume One: Court of Owls.
But I guess other things like the year etc are also off.

Anything I can do about this?

Comic Vine Scraper 1 month 3 weeks ago #62484

• sensei6375
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Yeah that is just ComicVine. In case you don't know CV organizes comic volumes by what the title is in the indentia. It is sort of annoying but it at least provides a consistent formatting in that it is the OFFICIAL title from the publisher. Also because everyone under the sun has their own way of titling and organizing a book. To fix this you can either:

A. after scraping go through and retitle them they way you want. Either manually or through the DataManager plugin.

or

B. keep everything as is after scrape and add the storyline/series title you want to the "Alternate Series or Storyline Title" box in the series info Summary panel. Again manually or through DataManager.

I have a similar issues with ComicVine with TPB/GN/Reprints they seem to put the latest volume publishing date while I prefer the original. Also how sometimes series are continued on from different publishers they combine the series under the latest publisher while I prefer to keep them separate.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by sensei6375.

Comic Vine Scraper 1 month 3 weeks ago #62486

Thanks for the insight!

Usually I just create smartlists per series and make the condition "Series is" oder "contains all" or whatever and then just "Batman" (Marvel is a bit different because they can't just stop renaming series every 6 months).
But with TPBs this now doesn't work, because the series title is way more than just "Batman". And if I choose "series contains all" -> "Batman:" for example, I still get all the other stuff like Batman: White Knight and so on.
Life is hard :P

Comic Vine Scraper 1 month 3 weeks ago #62487

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
And that is exactly why I avoid TPBs in my digital collection XD
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Who's Online

We have 128 guests and no members online