Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40581

• Lykos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is anybody else getting messages that they've exceeded their limit although they haven't done anything in the previous 12/24 hours? I admit, for the last week I've done several thousand but I thought the limit was about 200 API hits every 15 minutes. Before when I hit the limit I could wait a couple hours and try again and it would work but I haven't been able to do much for the last two days.

It let me do about a dozen books yesterday but then it was giving me the exceeded book limit message yesterday afternoon and it's still giving it to me this morning.

Is anyone else having problems?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40585

• sensei6375
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Yeah me as well. I left it to run overnight Thursday, had the time delay set so it would keep running. Never had an issue with the length of delay before but it had errored out when I checked on it Friday. Kept trying throughout the day but no luck. I don't know if every time it tries again it resets the wait timer so it has been over 24 hours since my last try. Still no go. I have a room mate who scrapes as much as me but has a lot newer API key and his works just fine. It makes me think API's of a certain age may be being blocked. Or it could be a maximum usage limit has been put in place as well as the 200/15 minute limit. Going to give my key a few more days off in hopes it resets. We will see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LCISTech

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40587

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
You guys should go over to comicvine.com, login, then go to:

www.comicvine.com/api/

If something has been done to your API key (banned or restricted or something) it will probably say so there.

Also, is anyone else using your API keys? If you've shared your API key with someone else, then you are also sharing your access limits. That could be causing the problems that you're seeing.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40593

• Lykos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ahh, good call! I got my API key a couple weeks ago and have been using it heavily. When I created the account they gave me the API key but I never clicked the validation link in the email they sent me. I'm not at home now so I can't test but will edit this once I can test it.

That doesn't explain Sensei's problem, it sounds like he has an older key but maybe checking that link will give insight into his problem as well.

Thanks for the tip! (and awesome work, btw!)

EDIT: no dice, unless it still needs to time out somehow on the comicvine site.. I actually created a second account and got a new API key and that one is working fine, but the first key still gets the message that I've exceeded my limit. Logging on as the first (limit exceeded) user on comic vine will show me my API key and doesn't mention anything about it being banned or suspended so I'm not sure. If you want to troubleshoot it just let me know and I'll PM you the key but the new key is working so I'm not too worried.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Lykos.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40604

• Knight187
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tried using the scraper but it is not finding any titles.
I'm looking for popular titles avengers and x-men. I get an error not found. Any suggestions?

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40605

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
Knight187 wrote:
I just tried using the scraper but it is not finding any titles.
I'm looking for popular titles avengers and x-men. I get an error not found. Any suggestions?
It looks like a problem on their end, but the website still searches okay. You can go to their site and grab the url of the series and plug it into the box when the search comes up empty.

Not a big deal for a series, but problematic for individual issues.

Probably not a bad idea to pop over to their forum and submit a bug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykos, michealespinola, freakingout, Morgenstern72

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40606

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Is there something wrong with CVS? It doesn't scrap correctly anymore...

I restarted the pc, reinstalled the plugin, hell I even restored it to default, but to no avail...

Also, I could not download the latest version of the plugin on the code.google.com site.

:(

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40607

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
bodhikun wrote:
Is there something wrong with CVS? It doesn't scrap correctly anymore...

I restarted the pc, reinstalled the plugin, hell I even restored it to default, but to no avail...

Also, I could not download the latest version of the plugin on the code.google.com site.

:(

Look one and two posts above you...

I posted a bug report, but it's not showing up in the forum list. So, I'm not exactly sure if I did something wrong.

www.comicvine.com/forums/bug-reporting-2...rn-values-1604519/#0

If you think I left something out please add it to the bug report. I didn't really leave any data, I'm kind of hoping a server or process has gone offline and they'll find it without much problem.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by boshuda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, cbanack, five_pennies, Knight187

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40608

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Thx man. I saw your post right after I submitted mine. :)

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40609

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Hi guys,

It looks like Comic Vine is having some issues. This means the scraper is currently unable to find any comics when it goes searching for them (see previous comments in this thread.)

Boshuda has already reported this bug to Comic Vine, and I've added my own comments to it, including an API example that demonstrates the problem.

I'm sure the Comic Vine people will fix things up soon. For now, we'll just have to be patient.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forkicks, devonrex, Lykos, Just Bill, Mammut
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Who's Online

We have 287 guests and one member online