Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40804

• Tarran
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Is there a debug level that I could set in the plugin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40805

• Lykos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
cbanack wrote:

If you think your API key isn't working properly, probably the best way to get them to look at it is to post a question in Comic Vine forums. Maybe in Bug Reporting, or API Developers. Don't forget to check your PMs in case someone there PMs you back with an answer instead of answering in the forum thread.

I saw that Fallen.cze had already posted over there so I just replied to his bug report with a few more details and an offer to help troubleshoot. Thanks for the tip.

Other than that I haven't been experiencing any of the problems the others are reporting. Thanks for the great product and great support!

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40809

• Fallen.cze
  • Fresh Boarder
Lykos wrote:
Thanks for the great product and great support!
I second that!

Maybe you shouldn't say you have second account on Comic vine since it's breach of rules :evil:

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40810

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Tarran wrote:
Is there a debug level that I could set in the plugin?

You can press Ctrl+Shift+L at any time (while using Comic Vine Scraper) to save an output log that contains all available debug information. This won't work after ComicRack has become frozen, though. You might be able to time it just right and get something from right before the freeze up...

Another option is to run ComicRack using the command line option I mentioned here. That will get you a debug console that should show you the same information as Ctrl+Shift+L, but you can see each line as it is generated. As I said, don't be surprised if ComicRack freezes while that console window is open--that's a old problem that has been around for a long time. It seems to happen if you click in the console window while the scraper is scraping.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by cbanack.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40811

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
I just tried scraping a bunch of comics with the latest ComicRack and scraper, and still I get no problems with the software freezing up.

Frustrating. :unsure:

No amount of "bad" behaviour from Comic Vine should cause the entire application to freeze--it might make the scraper stall for up to 60 seconds, and then you should receive an error message. The cancel buttons and other UI elements shouldn't be frozen while this is happening, either.

Since that doesn't seem to be what we're seeing, and since this freeze bug only happens to some people, I think we can rule out "Comic Vine problems" as the source. Also, Comic Vine Scraper hasn't changed at all for a couple months, yet this "freeze" problem only showed up about a week ago. So it's not some new scraper bug, either.

So then, what's changed? My bet right now is that it is some kind of problem between the scraper and another plugin. Probably one that has been updated recently.

For those of you who are experiencing the freeze, which plugins do you have installed?

Maybe there's one you all have in common.

Most plugins can't have any effect on the scraper until you run them, but once you have run them, their effects could last until you restart ComicRack.

Another idea: maybe try temporarily uninstalling some of your other plugins, just to see if that makes the freeze problem go away?
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by cbanack.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40820

• Lykos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Fallen.cze wrote:

Maybe you shouldn't say you have second account on Comic vine since it's breach of rules :evil:

I work in IT. I break rules constantly while troubleshooting! Full disclosure usually gets you a pass as long as you're working on the problem (one of the reasons I offered to help if I could).

It would be nice to be able to delete the bogus account though.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40857

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
Comicvine appears to be having a problem. I figure I'll give it until morning to report anything, but if anyone else is having trouble please chime in. Basically it will scrape one comic approximately every five minutes. Beyond that the message about Comicvine being unreachable pops up.

It's a touch better now, got through about 10 books before hitting that message.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by boshuda.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40859

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yep, it has been doing that for about six hours now. It would seem to be on their end, and hopefully just s hiccup in the system.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40860

• Vhorelogical
I just posted a problem on the main CVS forum with a pic of the error I get. I can scrape maybe up to 12 and then I get the error. Glad its not just me, as my internet is working fine and I was wondering if I was going crazy!! Thanks for your post.

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3...after-about-12-books
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Vhorelogical.

Comic Vine Scraper 3 years 2 months ago #40864

• whinkle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Problem still persists
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Who's Online

We have 267 guests and 2 members online