News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.171 released

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #35946

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Reason wrote:
Also, does the counter top out at 9999?

No, it goes past it with ease. (It's WAY over 9000!)

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by forkicks.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #35951

• laxarus
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
kifujin wrote:
You can double click the preferences window to get tabs, but even reversing it, I had to restart the client to get the buttons to add book shares back.
Can you be more clear on that? I like the tab view so much more than the normal. Currently the "books info" panel looks like this when multiple books are selected:

before this version there were separate tabs for each element

and my preferences window looks like this:

It doesn't have tabs for separate elements.

I can also confirm that book counter is not updating unless you click on it.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #35952

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Just double click into some empty white space.

I'll look into the counter issue.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #35953

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
I had the same issue. Maybe you have font scaling active? With medium font scaling, not all options were showing for me. Changing back to 100% fixed it.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #35959

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Yes, there are some issues with font scaling and switching to tabbed layout.

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #36114

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
I am sure I must have done something wrong but hopefully somebody can suggest a quick fix.

Background: I run Comicrack on my windows pc and keep all my comic files on my server. The folder within which the comics are kept is mapped as a drive on the windows pc (i.e. A:\ links to the comics).

Event: installed Comicrack 0.9.171 on top of 0.9.169.

Issue: all the comics on my library are now marked with a big red X, they cannot be opened within comicrack nor can I get to the directory through the "reveal book in explorer". This only applies to the books that I have stored on the server and not the few I had on my windows computer that were waiting to be "organised".
I have done no changes to the configuration (library still points to A:\), the drive is still mapped, the comics can be read just fine through CDisplay, tried "Scan Books Folders", have had a few restarts.
Nothing seems to bring back the access to the comics.
I have had similar issues in the past when I have had the server turned off - however as soon as the server was back on line a restart of comicrack would have resolved all issues, not so now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #36115

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
rmagere wrote:
I am sure I must have done something wrong but hopefully somebody can suggest a quick fix.

Background: I run Comicrack on my windows pc and keep all my comic files on my server. The folder within which the comics are kept is mapped as a drive on the windows pc (i.e. A:\ links to the comics).

Event: installed Comicrack 0.9.171 on top of 0.9.169.

Issue: all the comics on my library are now marked with a big red X, they cannot be opened within comicrack nor can I get to the directory through the "reveal book in explorer". This only applies to the books that I have stored on the server and not the few I had on my windows computer that were waiting to be "organised".
I have done no changes to the configuration (library still points to A:\), the drive is still mapped, the comics can be read just fine through CDisplay, tried "Scan Books Folders", have had a few restarts.
Nothing seems to bring back the access to the comics.
I have had similar issues in the past when I have had the server turned off - however as soon as the server was back on line a restart of comicrack would have resolved all issues, not so now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edit comicrack.ini, look for a line called maccompatiblefilesearch, or something with "mac" in it, i can't recall the exact option nor do i have comicrack at hand at the moment, but i had the same problem happen to me. Changing the value of that option fixed it for me, but, strangely, then switching the option back to the initial value -also- worked. Couldn't reproduce it ever since, so i never reported it.

Please try it and post back.
fK
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, rmagere

Re: ComicRack 0.9.171 released 4 years 3 months ago #36121

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
forkicks wrote:
Edit comicrack.ini, look for a line called maccompatiblefilesearch, or something with "mac" in it, i can't recall the exact option nor do i have comicrack at hand at the moment, but i had the same problem happen to me. Changing the value of that option fixed it for me, but, strangely, then switching the option back to the initial value -also- worked. Couldn't reproduce it ever since, so i never reported it.

Please try it and post back.
fK

Thank you - I went into comicrack.ini found the line "MacCompatibleScanning = true" which was already set to true but commented out. Made it active and restarted Comicrack.

All my files are accessible again! :cheer: :silly: :cheer:
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by rmagere.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online

We have 247 guests and 8 members online