Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: How does remote sychronization work?

How does remote sychronization work? 8 months 2 days ago #46970

• BobC
  • Fresh Boarder
Ideally I want a sort of plex for comics so I don't have to dedicate local storage on tablet, so I figured since I already use comicrack android app, maybe I should setup server so I can sync. My question for someone that does this, is how does this actually work, does it just copy over files as you request to read them, or does it just sync all the comics to tablet, which defeats the purpose for me. For me ideally it would work like Plex does, where comicrack app would show you your remote library, and download file as you go to read them. So what is everyone's experience?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How does remote sychronization work? 6 months 11 hours ago #47310

• wmwadeii
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
If your using the Android app it will Sync lists that you select. This will then copy a version of the comic to your Android device. I wasn't a fan of this either so went to a Windows Tablet. This way I can use the access remote library function and in combination with a DDNS from No-IP I can access my comics anywhere similar to Plex. If you want to put in some effort you can see this post where you are able to do a server access from an Android but it's not via ComicRack comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/7-general/39...pace-required/unread
Last Edit: 6 months 11 hours ago by wmwadeii.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 6 members online