Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Cannot (re)install plugins after W10 Fall Creators Update

Cannot (re)install plugins after W10 Fall Creators Update 3 weeks 2 days ago #48958

• Oberon1464
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Guys,

Back again with a problem and hoping someone has any ideas...

I cannot (re)install plugins after the W10 Fall Creators Update.

Every time I want to install a plugin it will not show up in the Preferences/Script window.

Normally it shows up at the bottom "to be installed" but there's nothing.

Odd thing is the "remove" does work.. :huh:

I tried to uninstall/remove CR completely en re-install it again but still no go...

Anyone experienced something similar?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot (re)install plugins after W10 Fall Creators Update 3 days 14 hours ago #49243

• Oberon1464
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Guys,

Asked this question (see previous post) a few weeks back...
Thought give it another try if someone knows how to fix this...

Thanks!!

Cannot (re)install plugins after W10 Fall Creators Update 3 days 13 hours ago #49244

• EricS1980
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I had a similar issue when recently reinstalling the CV Scraper. Ended up having to manually remove the old "Comic Vine Scraper" folder from %appdata%\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\
After I removed the folder I was able to re-install it successfully.

Also, you could try manually installing the plug-in by extracting the contents of the .crplugin file (you can use 7-zip) into a subfolder in the %appdata%\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\ directory (the folder should be named the script name, ie. "Comic Vine Scraper")., then restarting ComicRack. I'm pretty sure that this should work (at least it does on my PC).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oberon1464

Cannot (re)install plugins after W10 Fall Creators Update 15 hours 2 minutes ago #49263

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
You might also start the app as an Administrator. Not really ideal. Some scripts (or even CR itself) might be able to take advantage of being run with elevated permissions and do Bad Things™. But it does seem to help with a few issues.

I'll bet, if you already had those plugins, you needed to remove them first because they were owned by a user that has higher permissions than CR is running. So you remove them as the elevated user, then reinstall them and Win10 knows to install them at a level that is compatible with CR.

It might be possible to 'take ownership' of the folder the scripts are in. Right-click on the ComicRack folder and there should be a security tab change permissions. Not sure of the details exactly, since it's just a hunch. Probably would require some research into Windows access rights to get it sorted correctly.
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Who's Online

We have 265 guests and 5 members online