Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Anyone else lose their library after a Windows 10 update?

Anyone else lose their library after a Windows 10 update? 1 year 2 months ago #49700

• chrisdukes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Is it Wednesday yet?
  • Thank you received: 1
-Chriis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone else lose their library after a Windows 10 update? 1 year 2 months ago #49701

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
I didn't lose my library, but now CR continues to drop files in that transition scripts folder (C:\Users\boshuda\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts). Look in there if you're missing files. They'll be renamed Original_filename.cbz.tmp (or .cbr.tmp, .cb7.tmp, etc).

All kinds of files, seemingly at random, but they're constantly being put in there. Actually came her to grab a new copy of CR, and run it in portable mode.

Anyone else lose their library after a Windows 10 update? 1 year 1 month ago #50084

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
boshuda wrote:
I didn't lose my library, but now CR continues to drop files in that transition scripts folder (C:\Users\boshuda\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts). Look in there if you're missing files. They'll be renamed Original_filename.cbz.tmp (or .cbr.tmp, .cb7.tmp, etc).

All kinds of files, seemingly at random, but they're constantly being put in there. Actually came her to grab a new copy of CR, and run it in portable mode.

This is a drag... It is making me stay away from my beloved ComicRack...but this unpredictible behaviour...

Anyone else lose their library after a Windows 10 update? 1 year 1 month ago #50087

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Interesting - I also tend to go into that directory to check it out. However whenever I compare what's in that directory vs. my library what I always see is that they failed conversions (e.g. when you get the cross in the status bar that says xyz file could not be exported due to I/O failure). Those files have fewer pages and smaller sizes than those in my library and I have never found a file there that I do not also have in my library.
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Who's Online

We have 126 guests and 3 members online