Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.116/117

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6067

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
1) if you right click in any textbox/combobox in the Comic Dialog you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia :)
2) Ctrl-J/Ctrl-K or the arrows <- -> in the Comic Library Browser. You can now (like in you explorer) navigate back/forward through your visited lists
3) You can now register/unregister extensions from within the settings dialog even on Win7/Vista (notice the shield on the button :))
4) WebComic format is something I came up with. It's basically an xml based eComic format where the page images are located in the internet. Download the samples and look into them.
5) You can only add lists/folders/smartlists - but I guess if you have lots of lists in a big tree this should be a helpful feature.

[Edit]
The menus are in the Comic Dialogs
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cYo.
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6070

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
Thanks for the new version, it seems "snappier" than before, specially while reading comics.

But i haven't managed to get the library sharing to work if i set a password on it, only without password will it work ok. [Im running Win7 x64 on both server and client].

Thanks,
fK

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6072

• Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey CYO,

I haven't messed around with the new features too much, but the new version of CR sure looks pretty! Well done! :)

One thing I have noticed though is when you click on something within one of the browser columns (I have mine set to series, volumes and titles) all the other values disappear.

For example, in the Series column if I click on Blackest Night, every other series disappears rather than it just taking me to the Blackest Night but keeping the others there as CR has in the past. I prefer it to keep the others as if you click on the wrong one you then have to click on "all" and it takes you back to the beginning of the alphabet, and it also means you can't select and edit multiple series at once by holding the control key.

Is this a bug, or have I just set something up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for creating such a kick-ass app! :)

Matt

ps just tried to donate you $10US (I'm a Kiwi so that's in entire $14NZ, heh) but the donate page where you fill out your credit card details comes up in German... what the? :D

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6073

• Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay regarding the donation I'm just stupid - you can change the language on that page. Oops! Consider yourself an entire beer or two richer :)

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6078

• cYo
No, I hate paypal.

They set the default language for the checkout page to the one your account is registered (Autria->German). Thanks for telling me. I think a lot of people are not so persistent then you are :)

I switched it over to English now.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6089

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cYo wrote:
If you right click in any textbox/combobox in the smart list dialog, you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia

I am so dumb that I am still unable to get this working.. :blink:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6092

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Do you see the 'Wikipedia' heading? It appears to populate a submenu based on the contents of the field with anything that it finds that a Wikipedia article exists for. (IE, depending on the entries in the list, you may get a bunch of things or nothing.)

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6093

• deathcroc
  • Junior Boarder
cYo wrote:
4) WebComic format is something I came up with. It's basically an xml based eComic format where the page images are located in the internet. Download the samples and look into them.

Forgive me for seeming dense, but where do we find the these samples to download?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6094

• cYo
In the Marvels Section:
Avenger #500
Black Panther #1
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cYo.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6096

• deathcroc
  • Junior Boarder