Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.116/117

Re: ComicRack 0.9.116 7 years 8 months ago #6099

Great piece of work, love the new features on v.116- the wikipedia link is particularly useful.
Only one bug to report, very often while scanning for new comics, this version creates duplicate thumbnails. On the other hand, I tried downloading v.117 several times but cannot run the setup file - I get an error stating it cannot write to disc. Could be a local issue, but I had no problem reinstalling .116... wonder if anyone else on Vista had the same issue?
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6108

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
Once again I'm impressed with new version. Thank you cYo!

It will take me few days to experiment with all new features and changes. Some fist impressions:

* NEW: Added smart wikipedia links to textbox/combobox popmenus in Comic Dialogs

Nice. Now, could we move one step further and expand this option to all possible right click menus? F.e. when you right click in browser in the author column there should be link to his Wikipedia page but maybe also Google search or even othec custom search engines.

* NEW: Open stacks now have a prev/next button to change stacks

OK. It looks like this:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

How about changing text button to some smaller icons and merging thoose two bars into one? Second: now you can have only one stack opened and move to the next/previous. Maybe some tabs for stacks could be more useful?

* NEW: Custom texturing for paper

I already mentioned this in other thread - option to choose whether texture should be stretched, tiled, centered or displayed in the original size would be nice.

* NEW: Dialog for donations

"You have started ComickRack 233 times!" Good to know. That actually mobilized me to activate my PayPal account. So, the beer is on the way. ;)

* CHANGE: Big redesign of the main toolbar/tabbar

I love it. Especially since some of my suggestions were actually implemented. Thanks!

* CHANGE: Big upgrade in pdf rendering quality (try reading an eBook)

Oh, yeah. I now imagine some skilled script creator will make a plugin to connect to Project Gutenberg catalog as a SmartList and then download selected eBooks directly into CR library to read them. I would love this. For inspiration check this small Adobe Air app: NetBook Reader Anyone? ;]

* CHANGE: Tap gestures are now supported by the keyboard editor

What are these gestures exactly? There are 10 of them, but how do they work?
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by quidam.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6109

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
600WPMPO wrote:
cYo wrote:
If you right click in any textbox/combobox in the smart list dialog, you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia

I am so dumb that I am still unable to get this working.. :blink:

Shinrai wrote:
Do you see the 'Wikipedia' heading? It appears to populate a submenu based on the contents of the field with anything that it finds that a Wikipedia article exists for. (IE, depending on the entries in the list, you may get a bunch of things or nothing.)

No sir, I don't see the wikipedia heading.. where is it ? A screenshot would be most helpful.

I have right-clicked everywhere in comicrack, and yet a magical wikipedia menu has not popped up.. :( Infact, I have noted one thing: right-click on a comic stack/smart-list simply opens it up just like a left click.. is it just me, or CR doesn't distinguish between right/left clicks
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6114

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
No sir, I don't see the wikipedia heading.. where is it ? A screenshot would be most helpful.

Here:

Also took me a while to find this. ;]
I have noted one thing: right-click on a comic stack/smart-list simply opens it up just like a left click.. is it just me, or CR doesn't distinguish between right/left clicks

hmm... maybe something messed up with shortcuts?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6116

• jflavor
  • Fresh Boarder
Amazing piece of software, well worth everyone's $$$ support!

I like the new Wikipedia quick-search. Someone on this list suggested adding Google or other custom searches too. How about quick-searching ComicVine, Comic Book DB, GCD, etc? That would be really useful and quite distinct from the ComicVine script.

Thanks! Continue the good work.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6117

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
quidam wrote:

Also took me a while to find this. ;]

So, there it is ! Thanks quidam.. your screenshot has been really helpful..

cYo wrote:
If you right click in any textbox/combobox in the smart list dialog, you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia

Actually the description should have been: "If you right click in any textbox/combobox/form-field in the Info dialog, you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia"
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6127

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo, I am still having a hard time trying to figure out where everything is in the new menus layout, but I can say I LOVE the script buttons added!!!!!

Thanks

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6144

Loving v 116, really looking forward to trying out v117... however, I can't install it. Getting an error message "error opening file for writing". Not sure if it is a local issue, I have no problems installing v.116. Anyone else getting this?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6145

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
varelapinto wrote:
Loving v 116, really looking forward to trying out v117... however, I can't install it. Getting an error message "error opening file for writing". Not sure if it is a local issue, I have no problems installing v.116. Anyone else getting this?

I seems like your CR process is still running... try CTRL+ALT+SUP and check the task manager processes and kill it!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6147

Of course!!! Thanks. I forgot that by default, CR stays active unless you select File/Exit. Problem solved, now to try the new release.
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Who's Online

We have 236 guests and 2 members online