News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.116/117

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6192

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo, I have two questions...

cYo wrote:
1) if you right click in any textbox/combobox in the Comic Dialog you get a popup menu with a "Wikipedia" entry and a submenu with related articles in Wikipedia :)

I think I understand why you are linking the Wikipedia out of the box, but I was wondering if this menu is (or will be) scriptable, so we can add here our own links (say comicsdb, comicvine... )
5) You can only add lists/folders/smartlists - but I guess if you have lots of lists in a big tree this should be a helpful feature.

Can you elaborate this a little more, I don't understand what you mean.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6193

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
118 will support scripting search providers (and introduce search links directly in the browser).

Favorites are only for list and folders and not eComics. I was just answering :)

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6194

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo wrote:
118 will support scripting search providers (and introduce search links directly in the browser).)

Yes!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6272

One tiny problem that I'm having has to do with the auto scroll feature when reading in double page mode... or rather, the problem starts when I DON'T use the auto scroll feature. I use a laptop so find it more practical to control the reader with the arrow keys. I started using CR in single page mode, but since trying the double page with page turning effect I've acquired a taste for it and find it hard to revert to one page. The optimum setting is, I find, using the auto scroll function: start on top of the left page, one tap of the key takes me to the bottom half, anothe tap will scroll across to the top of the page on the right. Beautiful.

But...

There are some comics for which auto scroll is not ideal; for example, I'm reading some Marvel comics where the middle section of the page is half skipped if you use auto scroll, so I tried turning that off and tapping the down arrow to progress gradually down the page. The problem is, when I get to the bottom of the left page and tap down - expecting CR to scroll across to the right/top of the page, it doesn't: it turns to the next page. I've tried this with all combinations of Auto Scoll / Double Page Auto scroll and cannot find a solution - when getting to the bottom of a left page, I have to manually scroll across, then up - which is not very practical so I've reverted to the single page option.
Could it be that I'm missing something?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6275

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
yeah, that's just the way it is now. i got used to it and practically have auto-scroll always enabled. i agree it should be changed so that when two pages are too wide to fit the screen, scroll should navigate through whole area of the pages whether auto-scroll is turned on or off.

for now try fitting pages to width (and disable anamorphic scaling too).
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by quidam.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6283

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
you can turn autoscroll off and use the cursor keys to scroll.

At the bottom of the left page hit space. This should bring you up to the right top. You can turn off the page turning with cursor keys in newer versions.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6286

cYo,
no dice. I use the cursor keys to scroll manually by default, but when getting to the bottom of the left page and hitting space bar as suggested:

- If I have "Double Page auto scroll" enabled, CR scrolls across to the bottom onf the page on the right;
- If double page auto scroll is disabled, it simply turns the page straight away.

Possible bug?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6305

cYo wrote:
you can turn autoscroll off and use the cursor keys to scroll.

At the bottom of the left page hit space. This should bring you up to the right top. You can turn off the page turning with cursor keys in newer versions.

In addition to my previous post: I can confirm that hitting the space key at the bottom of the left page only takes me right to the top of the right page if and only if auto scrolling is turned on. Otherwise it just scrolls across to the bottom of the right page.
Currently I'm reading smaller comics and dealing with this by using the fit to width function. When reading albums though, I have to set to single page.
It would make my day if this was corrected for v118.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 8 months ago #6342

Eureka! Found the winning combination: turning off autoscroll, and disabling "Scrolling to page margins browses to new pages", does the trick. Hitting then space bar now works as you described. Nice one!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.116/117 7 years 7 months ago #6417

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thank you all for your support ! :)

This thread is now locked, as ComicRack 0.9.118 has released. You can download, and post and follow-on the discussion in the ComicRack 0.9.118 thread here
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Who's Online

We have 155 guests and 4 members online