I like it
B) B)
B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6443

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, the shared libraries over the web is seriously cool, I just connected to my home library here at work. However, the only public library I'm seeing is my own, do I need someone else's server address to see them or are there just not any other public libraries out there right now?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6444

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
there are non other out there right now :/

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6445

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
cYo wrote:
there are non other out there right now :/

LOL ok that's what I was thinking. I was a little nervous putting mine out there and passworded it, even though it's all stuff I own. I think I'll pull the password off it if folks just want to see how it works, then maybe we'll see a few more libraries out there.

BTW, awesome work this release, thanks again!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6446

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks lanzajr26, I could connect to your library... but I cannot seem to be able to show mine through my router. I have opened both ports (7612 and 7613) but from outside only 7612 seems to be open... :(

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6447

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
7612 is enough
7613 is not needed for internet sharing

EDIT: Just to clarify things further.

Before servers are made available public, ComicRack tries to connect to it's own server through the announce ip:port. If this does not work, nothing is announced. Next version will show the own server in the list, and not filter him out. This gives some feedback if everything is ok.

Maybe ComicRack get's the wrong external ip for your router. You can try to enter it manually.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cYo.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6448

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
perezmu wrote:
Thanks lanzajr26, I could connect to your library... but I cannot seem to be able to show mine through my router. I have opened both ports (7612 and 7613) but from outside only 7612 seems to be open... :(

Do you have more than one machine on your network? Sorry if this is redundant info, but you might need to forward that port to the correct local IP address through the router. Also, sometimes Windows Firewall needs to have that port added as an exception, but I think that would be pretty rare.

All I had to do to get this working was forward 7612 to 192.168.1.x on my LAN, everything ran smooth from that point.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6449

While this is really cool, I think we all need to be careful about hosting copyrighted material. While we may own physical copies of the material, we don't have the right to reproduce (ie internet host) it, do we?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6452

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
While this is really cool, I think we all need to be careful about hosting copyrighted material. While we may own physical copies of the material, we don't have the right to reproduce (ie internet host) it, do we?

I raised this objection when this feature was first suggested and nobody seemed to care, so...

As of this writing I am able to see lanzajr26's library but I can't connect to it. I don't see any others up at the moment.

(Leaving mine up and open for the next few hours.)

EDIT: I also only had to forward port 7612 (I think I did 7613 too though, I'll turn it off if it's unneeded)

DOUBLEEDIT: After the restart to share my library, I tried connecting to lanzajr26 again...and it connected to my library. I think the problem is my IP was still in the entry field and I clicked the 'OK' button, it defaulted to the text rather than my selection. Probably want to change this behavior?

I was able to connect this time though, everything seems to work fine. Speed isn't bad either, once the book loads the pages prefetch pretty fast.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Shinrai.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6453

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
I agree, it's probably not wise to share these books out so widely. I think it could be a better feature for web comics. Or maybe if someone had it scanned, a nice home for the Marvel or Diamond Previews catalogs.

I probably won't leave my library public for long. If folks want to test with it that's fine but eventually I'll make it private so I can read my books from work.

As for the connection issues, I wasn't able to read any of my comics for a while there, I could open them, see the cover but nothing would load past that. I'm sure it's a bandwidth or temporary connection issue, they seem to be loading fine now.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and 2 members online