Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.118

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6454

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Mine should be visible, how does it work on your end? This is a really awful machine I'm on at the moment, over a kinda bleh wireless network, and there's over a thousand books in the library, so that should be a decent litmus test.
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6456

Shinrai wrote:
DOUBLEEDIT: After the restart to share my library, I tried connecting to lanzajr26 again...and it connected to my library. I think the problem is my IP was still in the entry field and I clicked the 'OK' button, it defaulted to the text rather than my selection. Probably want to change this behavior?

Ah, that's what I was seeing. I agree, confusing UI.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6457

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Like I stated in my announcement: Sharing stuff is an individual decision, depending on what you share, where you live and what the laws are there.

You can always protect it with a password.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6458

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Shinrai wrote:
Mine should be visible, how does it work on your end? This is a really awful machine I'm on at the moment, over a kinda bleh wireless network, and there's over a thousand books in the library, so that should be a decent litmus test.

I can connect to it fine. It does load a bit slowly but really not bad at all. Nice selection there, and I dig your reading lists!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6459

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
It's, uh, a work in progress. Always intended to turn this box into a (LAN) server, been sorting out a ton of stuff from my old server that need cleaning up. >.<

That said, if this is usable, ANYTHING should be usable. That's good to hear!

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6460

• deathcroc
  • Junior Boarder
I've shared a small list of copyright free US government comics to test out if I'm visible.

Can anyone see it?

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6461

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I can see both, but still no luck sharing mine... I will try tomorrow...

Just a quick note: cYo, it seems that not only the comics are shared, but also the information on where other reader left the comic open, so I happened to open a comic and it went directly to the last page :P

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 8 months ago #6462

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't see you. I'll try again in a few minutes.

cYo, how often does the directory update, is it possibly just a refresh issue? (I assume it requeries every time you launch the dialogue)

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6520

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
So here's some general feedback on the newest versions of ComicRack...

- The new font style and size in the tile view is excellent! I find that it allows more text for displaying summaries too.

- The new Wikipedia features are nicely done. There are plenty of times when I will go to Wiki in the course of reading, so it's pretty cool to be able to go right to it. I also dig the new left click feature in detail view. And I'm pleased that it uses Firefox, my default browser. Sometimes features like this are hard-coded for IE. I have a couple suggestions. First, is there any way to improve character searches? I'm finding that commas and parentheses seems to cancel things out, so maybe we could start separating characters using "|" and have the wiki feature ignore parentheses. Also, would there be any chance of displaying this within CR itself? I think I'm like others when I say that I read in fullscreen, and this means that I have to exit fullscreen to display the browser results; it would be nice to eliminate the extra step. I ask this knowing that it can't be easy to code CR to display internet pages, so I will fully understand if you cannot.

- I'm still having trouble with expanding folders. I don't know what the proper name for the arrow to the left of folders in the library browser is, but until the last two versions of CR when I would click that it would expand to display the lists within the folder, or close the folder, but unless I actually clicked on the name of the folder it wouldn't load all the contents of the folder. Now it loads all lists within the folder now matter what, and it's driving me batshit. Some of my folders have smart list with a lot of rules, and these take longer to load. I'm fine with this because the slow load only happens when would select just that list. Now however, if a folder contains a couple of these lists, it takes FOREVER to load. Please tell me it's possible to go back to the old behavior, I beg of you!

- I appreciate that scripts with icons are now along the library toolbar. Anything that eliminates steps is great. Is it done in code, or does a script just need an image in it's folder to accomplish this?

- The new 3D look to the comic covers in the display and info dialog areas is pretty sweet! Any chance you'll try that with list backgrounds?

- The issue totals in the library browser is a good idea, but I find that it's just a little too light to be be seen easily. It doesn't need to be full-on black if that's what you are trying to avoid, but maybe try just a touch or two darker.

- It's awfully selfish of me, but I've requested "Groups" and "Reprinted/Collected In" tags, single page types, and paste page features, and generally these have been well received by others here, but they haven't materialized yet. Is there any chance I could see any of these soon? I really do apologize for bugging you, but these are the very first things I look for when you release new versions.

Thanks for all your hard work. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:ComicRack 0.9.118 7 years 7 months ago #6594

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thank you all for your support ! :)

This thread is now locked, as ComicRack 0.9.119 has been released. You can download, and post and follow-on the discussion in the ComicRack 0.9.119 thread here
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 275 guests and 4 members online