Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/19/20

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/1.0.19 7 years 8 months ago #6623

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
@kisa360: No worries, my weekend plans ended up getting cut short for other reasons, so I got back home 2 days earlier than expected. Not so fun for my weekend, but I least it gives me a bit of free time to work the the scraper.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/1.0.19 7 years 8 months ago #6662

• kisa360
  • Junior Boarder
Ok my problem with scarping multiple files is resolved.

I do have another issue that I can recreate easily and get a log if you want. This may be a design issue but here it goes.

I scrape multiple files file one is "title" v1 I select the proper series and issue hit ok and import data just fine. This will continue to go fine for all :title" v1 files I have. But up pops "title" v2 now I can't select the proper issue so I hit the go back button. This causes an error and offers to save a log file. I saved one on my home pc but forgot to post last night. I can add it later when I get home.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/1.0.19 7 years 8 months ago #6666

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
kisa360 wrote:
This causes an error and offers to save a log file. I saved one on my home pc but forgot to post last night. I can add it later when I get home.

Please do. I'd also be curious to know the exact file name of the v2 issue--the script is supposed to recognize different volumes and automatically make you choose a new series when it gets to v2.

And even if that's not working, the "go back" button should still work without crashing. So you may have actually found two problems here.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/1.0.19 7 years 8 months ago #6667

• kisa360
  • Junior Boarder
The problem is that the files don't include volume in the name. That is one reason why I am scrapping them. I'll attach the log when I get home.

Added issue 77 to your google code tracker and added log there.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by kisa360.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/19/20 7 years 8 months ago #6670

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
I'm not sure there is a way to systematically fix this issue. If you have issue 1 of a series from 1998 and issue 2 of a series from 2008 and the titles are exactly the same without volume queues, the scraper wouldn't know which is which.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/19/20 7 years 8 months ago #6671

• kisa360
  • Junior Boarder
RevQuixo wrote:
I'm not sure there is a way to systematically fix this issue. If you have issue 1 of a series from 1998 and issue 2 of a series from 2008 and the titles are exactly the same without volume queues, the scraper wouldn't know which is which.

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to know the difference. My problem was when I tried to go back it crashed the script.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.18/19/20 7 years 8 months ago #6819

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
kisa360 wrote:
RevQuixo wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to know the difference. My problem was when I tried to go back it crashed the script.

This issue has been fixed in 1.0.21.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 2 members online