Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: WebComic Template for Onemanga.com

WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6681

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557

All credit for the idea and the development for the WebComic Template goes to Stonepaw. Thanks to cYo for inventing the WebComic format and making a wonderful software that helps us get these ideas. I am merely posting the template and have made this tutorial for the benefit of inexperienced users (like me ;) ) who find it difficult to make a WebComic from scratch.

A WebComic Template can be easily edited to make the WebComic of your choice, which you can read (with daily updates) from within ComicRack. Here we present you with the WebComic Template for Onemanga.com, a website that contains a large number of manga.

Here is what you need for this:

1. The latest version of Comicrack
2. The Onemangatemplate.cbw file attached at the end of this article.
3. A working Internet connection

How to read online manga with ComicRack:

1. Goto the Manga directory at Onemanga.com. Scroll down to choose the manga you want to create the WebComic for.
2. In this example, we choose "Dance in the Vampire Bund". Click on it and a new page for that manga will open.

3. Now we will choose the date from which we want our WebComic to begin. Usually, this would be the first chapter of the manga. For this, scroll down the chapter list to reach the first chapter (at the bottom of the page). Click on it to reach a new page.
4. Find the link titled "Begin reading Dance in the Vampire Bund 1" (or name of your chosen manga) near the bottom of the page. Right-click on this link and then "Copy link location".

5. Open the template Onemangatemplate.cbw with any text editor you like. In this example we choose Notepad++. Your simple windows notepad will do as well. Replace the variable key Url value in the file with the link we copied in step 4.
6. To save the WebComic, goto File->Save as, and replace the name with that of your choice, in this case, Dance in the Vampire Bund.cbw. Don't forget to choose "All types" in the "Save as type" dialog of your text editor.

7. Your WebComic is ready. Double-click to open it with ComicRack, and enjoy !

You have successfully converted ComicRack into an online manga reader !

Would you like more WebComic Templates? Please tell us what you think about this.

File Attachment:

File Name: onemangate...0403.cbw
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Stonepaw. Reason: Updated template file (again)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6686

• Buckleal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 130GBs Deep
great thanks guys.

seems like it won't go on to the next chapter. thanks for the effort though
Growing every Wednesday.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Buckleal.

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6687

• 600WPMPO
Please note a little change that has been made in the tutorial above.

Earlier, I had incorrectly mentioned that the link to the manga was on the Chapter link page here:

But, actually, if we choose the link this way, only the selected chapter is displayed from a WebComic.

So, the correct link must be the one on the next page that you reach after clicking on the chapter link, which is this one:

I hope I am correct this time.. if their is any revision, please let me know so that I can update the tutorial above..

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6690

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Looks good. You are excellent at making these tutorials and guides. More karma for you!
But, actually, if we choose the link this way, only the selected chapter is displayed from a WebComic.
Of course if you only want one chapter you can use this method instead.

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6694

• 600WPMPO
Stonepaw wrote:
Looks good. You are excellent at making these tutorials and guides. More karma for you!
Thanks Stonepaw ! Keep giving us more templates, and I'll gladly make more of these.. :)

Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6695

• Astrophizz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dance in the Vampire Bund, eh? Lolita stuff - at least if the manga is anything like the show.

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6696

• 600WPMPO
quidam wrote:
I'd gladly see template for onemanga or similar sites to read manga online. i don't use them much, but afaik, best quality of images have mangahut.com/ and www.mangatoshokan.com/ because they don't compress uploaded images that much. i compared sample file and on onemanga it's 90kb jpg and on mangahut and mangatoshokan that's 180kb png.

so if you're up to doing template i'd suggest one of those two sites just for quality reasons. but that's not really that important - if it's easier to create regex for onemanga, go for it.

Well Stonepaw, now that Onemanga template is up and running, would it be possible to make templates for quidam's recommended manga sites.. they have a much better quality..

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6698

• quidam
  • Platinum Boarder
  • not for nom
  • Thank you received: 23
Thank you Stonepaw for the template. Works like a charm.

As for the next step... how about a script to automatically handle templates and batch create all possible cbws of the website? ;)
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by quidam.

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6700

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
600WPMPO wrote:
Well Stonepaw, now that Onemanga template is up and running, would it be possible to make templates for quidam's recommended manga sites.. they have a much better quality..
As I don't really like mangahut I've been trying to get mangatoshokan to work. I'm reasonably sure I have the regex right but for some reason I can't get it to work. As far as I can tell ComicRack is not even downloading the webpage.

As I am a relative programing novice I'm posting this to see if an experienced .net developer (cYo) :) can tell me why this is happening or if there is a fix? When I try to download a webpage from the site with Ironpython or C# I get the error:
The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF
I can however download a page from the site with Python's urllib. Is there anything that can be done to fix this or are we out of luck with this site?

quidam wrote:
As for the next step... how about a script to automatically handle templates and batch create all possible cbws of the website?
I had thought about this, and it's a good idea, but I really should work on my Weekly Releases and Missing Issues scripts before I start another script. Unless you guys would rather have this script first?

Re:WebComic Template for Onemanga.com 7 years 8 months ago #6701

• Annorax
  • Fresh Boarder
I do enjoy your Weekly Releases script Stonepaw and would like to see that continue to be worked on :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and 2 members online