News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wiki Update Announcements

Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 6 months ago #7081

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Paste Comics Data Dialog Added To Wiki

Please take a look and let me know if I can do anything to improve this page. This is my first wiki edit of any kind, so please keep this in mind. Thank you.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Paste Comics Data Dialog Added To Wiki 7 years 6 months ago #7086

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hey Alan!

Good contribution, thanks!

Re:Paste Comics Data Dialog Added To Wiki 7 years 6 months ago #7088

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Looks fine to me, chief. :D

Comic Display Settings Dialog Added To Wiki 7 years 6 months ago #7089

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Comic Display Settings Dialog Added To Wiki

Please take a look and let me know what you think. I have one edit to make, but it's otherwise complete.

Next I'm going to put together a tutorial for displaying true fullscreen since that's a regular question for our newbies, and I would rather people have that to point them to than just getting grouchy B) .
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re: Comic Display Settings Dialog 7 years 6 months ago #7091

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Nice work :)

I started ComicRack, opened the Comic Display Settings Dialog and hit F1. And, voila, a nice context help :)
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by cYo.

Re: Comic Display Settings Dialog 7 years 6 months ago #7093

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Simply great work by Alan Scott ! More karma for you Alan :-)

Btw, in the tutorial example picture, I think power girl is getting dressed.. can't take my eyes off that.. :woohoo: Which comic is that from anyway ?

p.s. Please don't take it otherwise, but I feel that for better organizing, in the news/announcements section, there should be only one thread called 'wiki update announcements' where users may post updates added to the wiki. So, currently posted multiple wiki update announcement threads could be merged into one. Please tell me, if there is some consensus on this, I can do it..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Paste Comics Data Dialog Added To Wiki 7 years 6 months ago #7094

• 600WPMPO
Good work again !!

It may also be added that multiple comics can be selected and the copied data can be pasted to them in a single batch.

p.s. Please don't take it otherwise, but I feel that for better organizing, in the news/announcements section, there should be only one thread called 'wiki update announcements' where users may post updates added to the wiki. So, currently posted multiple wiki update announcement threads could be merged into one. Please tell me, if there is some consensus on this, I can do it..

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 6 months ago #7098

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
@ 600WPMPO - Thanks for the comments. If you would like to combine the Wiki threads, be my guest. You may want to do that quickly as I have added "Setting A Full Screen Interface" under Quick Guides.

Power Girl graces us in JSA Classified #1 B) .
Marty Pasko

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 6 months ago #7105

• 600WPMPO
Thanks Alan.. the "Setting A Full Screen Interface" guide is also nice & well explained.

I have merged the wiki threads into this new "Wiki Update Announcements" thread. Any updates/edits to the wiki can now be announced/discussed here.

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 6 months ago #7106

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
@ 600WPMPO - Thank you very much for getting right to this. I'm thinking that the Wiki is going to be a big project for me for the time being, so it's best we square away how I should post the announcements now. I'm very happy that you all are so far pleased with my efforts. I've never done any kind of wiki work before, so I was worried that, though I may find my writing easy to understand, others might not.

Regarding the suggestion for multiple comics, I had put a note at the end of the article, but if you are commenting on it, then I didn't do a good enough job of it. I will work on that first thing tomorrow, as I'm a little sleepy just now.

Lastly for you, as a moderator, I need to have an ongoing thread so that I may get feedback and help going forward. I don't every use every feature in CR (well, close to it, but even so...), some of the features involve areas I'm not as well versed at, so it will be very necessary for me to have someplace I can count on others giving a quick response to my queries. I have an earlier thread from today that hasn't been answered yet, for example, and I would like to maximize my results in the future. What can you suggest to me? Under what sub-forum, name of the thread, that sort of thing. If others have a tip that's fine too.

And thanks for the Karma boost. Not to start begging but I am a little bummed it hasn't gotten any higher yet. I want to earn it and maybe this work is a good way to do that.

@ perezmu & shinrai - Thanks!

@ cYo - I'm glad your pleased with the results! I know you've been wanting to see some work done with the Wiki so here's hoping we can soon get it as detailed as it needs to be. Do me a big favor and keep an eye out for requests for help, OK? You're better than anyone to answer a question. Thanks a ton in advance!
Marty Pasko
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and 5 members online