Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wiki Update Announcements

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 7 months ago #7109

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Alan Scott wrote:
@ 600WPMPO - I need to have an ongoing thread so that I may get feedback and help going forward. I don't every use every feature in CR (well, close to it, but even so...), some of the features involve areas I'm not as well versed at, so it will be very necessary for me to have someplace I can count on others giving a quick response to my queries. I have an earlier thread from today that hasn't been answered yet, for example, and I would like to maximize my results in the future. What can you suggest to me? Under what sub-forum, name of the thread, that sort of thing. If others have a tip that's fine too.

There is a thread called Updating the wiki, which can be used to deal with discussions related as to which subjects to be included in the wiki, and the related technicalities.

If help regarding a specific topic is required, then in the Help section, a thread titled and tagged something like "[wiki] Help with so-and-so topic" should be fine.

By the way, your wiki updates have been really good..!
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 7 months ago #7127

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
The Library Browser

OK, this one should be all set now. Take a look, and of course all feedback is welcome.

@ 600WPMPO - Thanks for the tips. As I'm sure you've seen, I'm using your suggestions regarding Wiki help threads. And thanks for the kind words! It takes a little effort to put these together, but it's badly needed. As we get more newbs, we need the learning process to be friendly to them, and we need to have something to point them to when they ask a question we find repetitive. Otherwise, we just get surly. Besides, ComicRack can be, and I say thankfully so, a complex piece of software, and without a well detailed Wiki it's gonna take folks forever to figure out all they can do with it.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 7 months ago #7130

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Multiple Comics Dialog

This was an easy one to do. Take a look, give some of that feedback.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Wiki Update Announcements 7 years 7 months ago #7133

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Great as always.. ;-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 202 guests and 4 members online