Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7360

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508

Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 is now available.

As usual, there are some bug fixes (issues 81, 82, 86, 87, and 88) and some improvements (issues 72, 85, 90, and 91).

Of particular interest:

- the Series dialog now has a "Show Issues" button, so now you can preview the issues in a series before choosing it.
- the Issues dialog is now easier to tell apart from the Series dialog because its layout has been reversed.
- when you scrape a series that only has one issue, you no longer have to re-select that issue in the Issues dialog.

The 1.0.22 release also contains a number of small "under the hood" improvements that should make searching the Comic Vine database more accurate.

As always, if you find any bugs please report them in the issue tracker (you can log into it with your google/gmail account). If you prefer, you can also post a description of your problem in this forum thread.

Have fun!

NOTE: this release has NOT been tested with .NET 4.0, which means that it may not be compatible with the upcoming .NET 4.0 release of ComicRack.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by cbanack. Reason: Added icon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7361

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Thanks cbanack for the new update !

The new "Show Issues" button is great..

It just keeps on getting better & better :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7371

• mjp
  • Fresh Boarder
I checked both my version of ComicRack and Comic Vine Scraper and both are up to date. I'm still getting that "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error though. Any ideas?

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7375

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
mjp wrote:
I checked both my version of ComicRack and Comic Vine Scraper and both are up to date. I'm still getting that "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error though. Any ideas?
Well, I haven't had any other bug reports--and from what you describe, that's a pretty severe problem, so I'm sure most of the regular forum users who run the scraper would have said something if it was happening to them (is anyone else seeing this problem?)

So we have to figure out what might be different about your setup.

One thing to try is to remove EVERYTHING related to the scraper script (and maybe even ComicRack, too) from your computer, and then try installing it again, fresh and from scratch. This includes finding and deleting the script user information, which on my computer is located at "C:\Users\cbanack\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts", but yours will be in a slightly different spot depeneding on your version of windows and your username.

(This might help because sometimes programs get into a permanent "bad state". It would be a lot more satisfying to figure out exactly what is wrong and fix it, but some bad states are so rare that you might be the first and last person to ever encounter it.)

Another thing that would be helpful is *any* extra information (no matter how cryptic) that your computer gives you when you see that error message ("details", "more", "log", etc?). The exact appearance of windows error dialogs vary, but something like what 600WPMP0 provided here could be very helpful.

Also what version of Windows are you using? Is it fully updated (Windows Update/Service packs)?

Finally, the last (but potentially most effective) thing that you can do:

Run ComicRack.exe with two extra command-line arguments:

ComicRack.exe -ssc -dco

This will run ComicRack.exe like normal, but there will be an extra debug window as well. Do what you need to to get the error, and then send me a copy of whatever text appears in that debug window (if any does.) Text from that debug window can be extremely helpful...but if your bug is occurring before the scraper even starts up, you may not have anything there to send me.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cbanack.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7376

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
cbanack wrote:
is anyone else seeing this problem?

Hey cbanack.

I'm not seeing the problem, its running fine, and that crash on the series with zero issues is fixed, so i haven't been able to break it. Haven't tried too many books yet, 40 or 50 only, but no problems to report.

Looking good :-).

fK

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7378

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I will confirm no problems; coincidentally, I scraped a couple hundred books today.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7379

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
I've scrapped about 700 books...love the show issues feature. No new bugs to report :)

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7380

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Very glad to hear everything is working well for (most) of you. :) I really like the "Show Issues" feature too. It seems like such a small thing, but actually I find myself using it all the time.

Now if we can just get mjp's troubles sorted out...

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7381

• mjp
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried reinstalling before and the problem persisted but I didn't realise that I had to delete that extra scripts folder. Now having uninstalled, deleted that folder and then reinstalled again, it works. So I assume that was the problem, which is good as the solution was rather simple.

If you're curious, I ran ComicRack with the debug window before I fixed it and this is what I got after the error popped up:
Initialzing script 'ComicVineScraper' from 'ComicVineScraper.py'

Calling 'ComicVineScraper'...

Compilation of 'C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\Application Data\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper\ComicVineScraper.py'

WaitOne() takes at most 2 arguments (1 given)

I'm not quite sure what any of that means but I assume that it was a result of me screwing up somehow. Thanks for the quick replies and the straightforward advice. This script makes life a lot easier.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mjp.

Re:Comic Vine Scraper 1.0.22 7 years 7 months ago #7383

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmm...interesting, that error log gives me something to look at when I'm next working on the Scraper.

Anyhow, you're quite welcome, and I'm glad to hear you got things working. :)

BTW, I don't recommend that you leave that debug window permanently turned on (in case you are). The script runs much faster, especially for large scrapes, when you're not viewing the debug window.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 2 members online