Welcome, Guest
News and Announcements
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.122

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7501

• Jernau
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo wrote:
BTW, did you let the installer optimize the setup?
I was quite certain that I had left "Optimize for your system" checked (as I always do), but just to make sure I performed a fresh re-install... and lo-and-behold the start-up time is back where it was at version 0.9.121, i.e. ComicRack is fully loaded in a little over 3 seconds. Clearly I must have accidentally un-checked the optimize option during my initial installation of 0.9.122. D'oh!

Thanks for your help and thanks once again for producing this amazing software!

By the way, I was wondering if you've made any progress on the embedded web-server that I believe you're contemplating adding to ComicRack? The next computer I buy will almost certainly be a tablet-PC of some description (either running Android, Chrome OS or some Linux variant depending on what looks to be best at the time of purchase). Having a HTML 5 ComicRack web-client that can access local comics on the device or remote comics from a ComicRack server would be an absolute dream!
The topic has been locked.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7507

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I just switched boxes I'm using as a server to one that's not 10 years old and I was actually thinking how incredibly fast CR is now (although the scrolling to next page could be a hair faster) but here I come and see that this is apparently slow now! I have no qualms with the new version <3

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7512

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Still having some weird and pretty serious problems with the new version. It is now crashing every time I launch it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's still crashing every time. I'm not having problems with anything else on my system. It seems to be completely isolated to ComicRack, and started when I installed the new version. I have it set to submit error reports, so hopefully that will help in some way.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7514

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
I have also encountered occasional crashing and slowdowns starting the program and browsing the library. Error reports have been submitted when available.

I wish I could test the touch screen features, but my tablet computer died a while ago and I haven't got another one yet :(

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7585

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
cYo, I've been a bit busy the last couple of weeks renovating my apartment, so now that I have a free moment I want to let you know how very grateful I am for the Teams tag you added, and for fixing the expand/collapse folder issue. The Location tag was a nice bonus too, hopefully cbanack will find the will to pull himself away from his pleasant Canadian Summer to add this to his excellent script. Now if you'll just add a Reprinted/Collected In tag to the next version, I'll hound you no more for any tags :) . But really, thank you so very much, Teams has been at the top of my list.

Now that you are that you are feeling better, could I ask you to take a quick look at my latest Wiki Help thread, Wiki Help: Preferences, Reader Setup? I need some answers and clarifications to move along with it. I fear some may think I've already abandoned my work there but I just want to have as much detail as possible before I post anything, so that the Wiki can be counted on to answer any possible question. Thanks in advance!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:ComicRack 0.9.122 7 years 5 months ago #7586

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Alan Scott wrote:
I fear some may think I've already abandoned my work there but I just want to have as much detail as possible before I post anything, so that the Wiki can be counted on to answer any possible question.
Hi Alan ! good to see you back.. :) Please do continue your excellent work on the wiki

I have also included a small chapter on Preferences in The ComicRack Manual.. maybe it'll help you. The next version of the manual is out in a week or two, and will have a relatively better content.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Who's Online

We have 162 guests and 7 members online